If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Connection Error  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
tom56700
Beginner

I've been searching for a topic on this, found none. I apologize if this has been addressed before.

I installed the newest version, database was created successfully. But I can't open admin or index. Permissions set at 777 for tmp and public folders.

I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/b/o/d/bodies2/html/Gilad-guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error

Can anyone please let me know what I need to do?

Thanks!

Tom
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Speak to your hosts and make sure that you have the correct location for the MySQL server

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tom56700
Beginner

Hi thanks for answering...

I called the hosting provider and they of course can't help...said it was a scripting issue. They have the an older version, they offer it as a part of their free software packages. I want the graphics verification that the newer version has to prevent mass posting from bots.

Can you help install it for a fee?

Tom
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Remove your version and have them install the old version for you then simply update to the newer version.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum