If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Encode emails in Guestbook like this site does!  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Nope that can't be it because it only calls the functions if there is an email address present and it would also be repeating the image link. Am looking into it now.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
amber222
Graduate

Thanks. When you're done with it, I'll probably try it again.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Nope I was right it is that lol. I forgot that it wont call the image link unless there is an email present but the text link is part of the entry.php template.
the part ingb.class.php should be

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Hey guys,

Somewhere along the way with encrypting and fixing the missing email assignment issue and correcting my pic path, I lost my encryption.

I checked the files that I use and found nothing out of place. Can you guys check it out? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Johnny
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Well unless you had previously altered the scripts may I suggest just reuploading the guestbook and modding it again.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Hey Carbonize,

I realized that I had modified without allowing myself CHMOD allowance. Once I changed the CHMOD, I was able to save the mod, then go back and re-establish the CHMOD permissions.

Thanks for all of your help... you really have been tremendously patient with me and my foibles!!

http://johnnyandrachaelstevens.com/home.shtml
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Only just realised that the above bit of code I posted is actually taken from my version of he guestbook and contains code only relevant to my version. Anyway the code on page 1 is correct.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
amber222
Graduate

Tried this again, and it works great. Thanks.
Anonymous

Hello, great script! However, e-mails are being shown as "username[at]yahoo[dot]com". How can I completely forgo any e-mail address being shown at all in my guestbook?

Thanks!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

open templates/form.php and remove This will stop them being able to supply an email address.

If you don't want to show emails thathave already been added open lib/gb.class.php and look for and delete everything except the

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Thanks! Would this mean that users won't be able to post an e-mail address? I would like to be able to have that option still available, but not visible to the public (may if I could log into my admin area to view it)?

I hope I am explaining myself correctly.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I could write you a mod to add the option to allow email addresses to the admin. But why would you want to?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Hello Carbonize, that would be GREAT!

Sometimes users post questions in my guestbook and I like to directly respond to them instead of posting a reply in the guestbook.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmmm sounds like what you want is the ability for them to still leave their email address but not have it displayed in the guestbook. If so the second part of my quick fix should do this.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

THANKS! THAT WORKED!

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum