If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll v2.02 -- Installation / Instructions...  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

What navthing?

I don't know if its his site parsing the HTML, that nav thing or what.

That's why I hate stuff like that it screws your code up like opening an rtf
file in notepad.

Just add the ?> to the file without using navthing unless that is a CMS if it
is then it may be a HTML parser in PHP so you may not need the PHP tags.
But that also depends on whether it can parse PHP which by the looks of
things it is but its not doing the poll bit. Normally this prob is solved by
changing the files extension to *.php

Its nothing wrong with the poll so i'll levave it up to you what to do.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
goldbadge
Beginner

Hi Auron, I've got advanced poll 2.03 up and working by itself at http://eaglesfootball.milfordgrandprix.com/poll.php

I have a few brief questions.

1) After the people vote, view the results and post a comment, is there a way to publicly display the comments or are they only accessed thru the admin panel?

2) As you'll see at the link above I have a basic poll working on a blank page but how do I control it's location on a page (ie where it appears)? Does it somehow get put in a table or cell to control its movement?? I know it's an html type of question but I'm using a WYSIWYG editor rather than hard coding so I need a little help.
Thanks, Kurt
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

look at the demo polls on this site or search the forums on how to display comments.

the poll layout is done via templates that can be edited in the admin panel.

to control where it appears is wherever you include the include code.

Auron

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
ginadapooh

I have been struggeling with this for over a week now. I would appreciate any help possible. I have installed the polls, checked my file locations, tweaked everything imaginable, looked at it in firefox and IE. Still to no avail. Nothing shows up. Nothing......

My page is located at: http://israellycool.goblogit.com/results/test.php

The code on the page is:
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

try using relative paths eg.

[Email] [WWW]
ginadapooh

Actually since it is in the same file as the poll_cookie and the booth wouldn't I have to make it just

That dosen't seem to work either
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

try moving it out of there.

so the path is just results.

does your server have PHP?
Are you using the textfile or database version?

[Email] [WWW]
ginadapooh

Well, I got smart and decided to try it on a diffrent server. It works (almost) flawlessly. I am not sure what the server problem was, but later days to figure that out. The only isssue I am having now is I am getting a

I am not sure if this is because I keep coming in and dinking with things or if it is something a bit more simple?

Thank you for all of your wonderful advise!! I may actually get to enjoy some of my weekend now
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Check for any empty lines or empty lines with spaces before and after the PHP code and tags.
Do a search on "Warning: Cannot modify header information..." for more info.

[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

I install the Advanced poll as directed, followed EVERY SINGLE instruction word for word.

I set the paths correctly for the php code.

i am using a webhosting company. the paths provided by the poll was correct so i used that.

that path is

You can see the poll at http://www.uwi-iob.org/polls/polls.php

I keep getting the error

I spend the ENTIRE day searching this forum for an answer, the closest answer i found for unexpected T_STRING is that i have a php issue with my webserver and to adjust the php.ini file.

But remember i am using a webhosting company, so i dont htink i will have access to that file. What should i do? Where is the error originating from? i hope is not a php issue with my webserver.

Some server stats: Apache Fedora on Linux platform with mod_perl and php support.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

whats on line 2 of whatever file?

for the path try...

This assumes the file calling the poll_cookie.php is in something like httpdocs - as in the base folder for your site, where the index.html/htm/php file is.

[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Here are the first few lines of poll.php:

Line 2 is actually :

I commented off line 2 thinking the xml statement was causing the error, however that didnt work.

I'll try setting the path as you said in your previous reply. I'll let you know what happened.
Anonymous

I set the path as you said. I get the same exact error.

browse to the following URL: http://www.uwi-iob.org/polls/polls.html

If you view the source there, you will see the code.

However, please note that the actually php file is at http://www.uwi-iob.org/polls/polls.php

the polls.php file is in directoy

So when i tired what you suggested, i tried both
and

and i still get the same error.

I am really at a lost here.

Thanks very much for the quick responses.
Anonymous

Ok, you would not believe this, but i totally took off the xml line and it worked!

Before I had just commented it off, but i have no clue why it still didnt work then.

Do you have any comments on this?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

in this code change <?xml version="1.0"?> to <xml version="1.0"> or <?xml version="1.0">

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum