If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How To Install Advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Kristen16
Beginner

im so confused...
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

May want to contact your host about your MySQL setup.

One thing I will mention is that my host appends my account username to my database username's and my database name's.

Other alternatives are to use the text file version of adv. poll.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Kristen16
Beginner

I got the poll on my site! Thanks!

But 1 more ?- how do I get it so it wont change the tables:

I'm going through the template but it isnt changing.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Check the permissions on the template files.
Make sure your editing the right set.

If that still fails download them from the server and then reupload them.

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Kristen16
Beginner

I got it working perfectly! Thank you!
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Kristen16 wrote:I got it working perfectly! Thank you!

No problem, glad you got it working! : )

Auron

[Email] [WWW]
davemiller

I am unable to get the poll working. I have almost no knowledge of php. I installed the poll using Fantastico on my server.

When I log into the admin I see the poll and it looks and works fine. My test page is http://www.bleacherbumsradio.com/test.php. This is what I get:

Warning: main(/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/poll/poll_cookie.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/themille/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/test.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/poll/poll_cookie.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/themille/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/test.php on line 9

Warning: main(/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/poll/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/themille/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/test.php on line 17

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/poll/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/themille/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/test.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/themille/public_html/bleacherbumsradio/test.php on line 18

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
Cosmic
Beginner

So would I, like some help, I still haven't got it up and running, done almost everything that the help threads suggest, without avail. Why don't they make these things easier to install? Some might think I'm stupid, but let's face it, lots of people have problems with the installation, otherwise a forum like this wouldn't exsist. It's a regular pain in the.....
L0rdJuni0r

Mine just displays this;

poll_process("random"); ?>

And i entered everything how it supposed to be. Anyone know how to fix this?

L0rdJuni0r
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
lubber123

I reinstalled Advanced Poll on our server as explained and still get the poll_process(4); ?> message. What am I doing wrong?
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You have put them in a file ending in .php and not .htm or .html?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
lubber123

Oh yes, my test page works now. So I can now put this into my index page and name it index.php and not .shtml? Will that still as my main page?
[WWW]

When I opening my poll file it looks like this:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/noxe/domains/MYDOMAIN/public_html/textfile/include/class_poll.php on line 194

Warning: key() [function.key]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/noxe/domains/MYDOMAIN/public_html/textfile/include/class_poll.php on line 194

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/noxe/domains/MYDOMAIN/public_html/textfile/include/class_poll.php on line 296

Warning: key() [function.key]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/noxe/domains/MYDOMAIN/public_html/textfile/include/class_poll.php on line 296

What's that mean? Did I something wrong? Please, help
Kordex

Hey.. just a question about the Total votes. Is there an easy way to remove the total votes display?

Thanks
dogwhiz

I've got a small (yet kinda big) problem with the installation of Advanced Poll. Whenever I go to my installation page (install.php), it brings the first step up fine where it says "Welcome to the installation. Select Next to continue." But whenever I click Next (to move on to the page with the extension "install.php?action=step_1"), I get directed to my host's home page (which always indicates that the page requested does not exist).

Is this an SQL problem or something to do with not having all the files uploaded?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum