If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AGB install HELP!!  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
NubiaDeuce

i need a tut or some detailed instructions on how to install this GB.. i tried it through cPanel and then deleted that and uploaded it myself but i keep getting this
Unable to select database:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Unable to select database:
Error Number: 1046 No Database Selected
Date : Tue, October 4, 2005 15:27:50
IP : 207.200.116.137
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer : http://www.common-online.net/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 4.4.0
Server : Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.0 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server Name : www.common-online.net

after i try to do the install.php thing..

i need to know
1. What i should put in for database
2. Do i leave "your MySQL host" as localhost
3. What is my MySQL username.. do i make it up or is it somewhere
and 4. my MySQL password.. same as 3

if someone could help this would be a blessing.. im about to give up and switch to another GB
amber222
Graduate

Read this post:

Admin config.inc.php file:
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3654

When you install from CPanel, it creates the database and user for you. So, it would have been good if you had saved the config.inc.php file that it created.

Look for the database name and user in CPanel, MySql databases. You could create your own user and link the new user to the database. Or you could delete that database created by Fantastico and start fresh with the guestbook's install file.
NubiaDeuce

thanks! some how i managed to do the database thing.. i have no clue what i was doing but it worked.. now i cant sign on but i think theres a way to fix that

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum