If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll - I need a quick and simple guide  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Gandalf
Beginner

I've searched this forum and cannot find what I need. I am totally new to PHP and just want to know how I display the poll on a page. I have created the polls and really, really don't understand how I'm supposed to display the poll. I have tried the SSI include but get an error. I've looked at the demos. What code do I have to use? Do I have to cut and paste it, as SSI doesn't seem to work? I would prefer SSI as I've used it before and seems like the minimum hassle.

Please help, but keep it simple.
[Email]
Anonymous

if you look in the admin page where you make a poll..look at the corner and you will see a purple book that says help click on it, it will show you several different codes you can use..hope this help!
Gandalf
Beginner

Thanks. It's just that the documentation that came with the script is not very helpful if you're new to PHP. What you suggested makes sense, but what I'm struggling with is that the codes mnetioned there in admin are OK if you rename the page to index.php but I need them as index.shtml as I have several SSI includes operating on the page.

The <!--#include virtual... doesn't work and trying to embed the poll in the table using <?php include_once "/usr/home/g/a/gateway/public_html/poll/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(x); // x = Poll ID
?>

doesn't either.

There must be a solution!
[Email]
Anonymous

my bad..i thought that might have worked..i'm strugglen with the script to I can't get it to connect to mysql.. i have other scripts running fine with mysql, but this one won't connect... and i'm getting no help!

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum