If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to use AdvancePoll with JustHost Sitebuilder templates?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
drkenb

I must preface this question with the fact that I am NOT an programmer of webpages. I set up and run my site using the JustHost Sitebuilder's templates.

I have set up AdvancePoll and have no problem in creating a poll. Exceptionally nice application!

The problem is, how do I incorporate the AdvancePoll poll into my template page? I have used the Sitebuilder's Enter HTML Code button, cut & paste the snipet provided by AdvancePoll, save it & then run the page and no poll - just the last little bit of the snipet appears as text on the page. How do I do it?

Or, is AdvancePoll only for those who program/write web pages & I am trying to use this tool in a way in which it is not meant to be used? (Am I using a hammer on a screw?)

Thanks much in advance for any help you can provide... and boy, do I need help!!!

Ken
chronos0001

The standard template for web building software calls for the HTTP://www.your-website.com/index.HTML
In order for your poll to work, you must point to the
HTTP://www.your-website.com/index.php
I have discovered this to be the case when using PHP scripts in various forms.
I did not know how to directly imbed them, nor did i want to change EVERY .html to PHP, so I created a button and directed the viewer to the proper page via the link on the button to the .PHP version. Works great.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The webserver will first look for index.html or index.htm and if it doesn't find one it will look for index.php.

@drkneb - You need to change the files extension from .html to .php so that it will get sent to the PHP processor.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum