If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: seeje
Forum Index » Profile for seeje » Messages posted by seeje
Instead of the email address of the person signing being sent to the admin to respond to, some ID number is assigned and sent to the admin in email form. The sendmail is set up correctly on the server. So what is the answer to this problem, or was the Advanced Guestbook just never programmed to be able to do this for people?

I am getting screams from my clients and can't seem to get an answer to this issue. I have never seen a guestbook behave like that. Everything else about the program is great.

Help someone? thanks.
jcingermany wrote:My guestbook works fine except for one thing. When I receive an email notification that someone has signed, their address looks like this. nobody@pD954AFB1.dip.t-dialin.net [test]. I would like it to show up with their email address. I saw a post that told me I had to change this portion of add.class.php, but the portion between lines 225 and 236 looked the same as the post that I was reading.

if ($this->db->VARS["notify_guest"]==1 && $this->email != '') {
@mail($this->email,$this->db->LANG["EmailGuestSubject"],$this->db->VARS["notify_mes"], "From: <".$this->db->VARS['admin_mail']."> ".$this->db->VARS['admin_mail']."\nX-Mailer: Advanced Guestbook 2");

Can anyone help please.

Hi...
I have the same question. I searched the forum for an answer. Doesn't anyone have one? If you do, please take the time to let us know.

Forum Index » Profile for seeje » Messages posted by seeje
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum