If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Cosmic
Forum Index » Profile for Cosmic » Messages posted by Cosmic
Carbonize wrote:cPanels file manager is slow and tedious. You are better of using an FTP client such as Filezilla as then you can upload everything in one go.

Thanks for the tip, was already looking at other possibilities, but did it the hard way and got as far step3 in the installation, when I got the following message. I'm sure that I finished the DB side to full completion, that I can't get entry is strange.

MySQL Error : Database Error
Error Number: 1044 Access denied for user 'jenny_jenny'@'localhost' to database 'myPoll'
Date : Wed, May 24, 2006 04:35:30
IP : 194.171.56.13
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.4.2
Server : Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.27 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server Name : www.mydomain.net
Script Name : /Poll/install.php
Seems that under File Manager, where you upload files, I uploaded the full Poll file, but it was empty, I check out their help section and it seems you have to upload per file, and not the whole map in one go. There must be a way to upload a whole map, per file would take ages, plus the fact I'd have to make my own sub-maps.
Carbonize wrote:Ok I'm guessing you downloaded the zip and extracted everything. Edited what needs editing then uploaded it all. What happens when you visit it in your browser?

Well I go to my FTP account via cPanel and dowload the Poll file from my C:\ drive and place it under the public.html folder, that all goes well, when I try to www.mydomain.net/Poll/install.php nothing happens, I mean nothing. When I downloaded it directly via cPanel at least I could get to the admin of the Advanced Poll. But then again I still have to try to see what happens if I make the changes in the config.inc.php via Note pad. Thanks for understanding and taking the time. Sooner or later I'll get it going, don't give up that easy, it's just a pain to spend hours on something that shouldn't take more then 5 minutes.
Carbonize wrote:I never agreed with it. I hardly even read it. I simply made it a sticky as a lot of people were asking for help with AP installation. My comments on not using Word still stand as it has a habit of messing around with the files.

My apoligies Carbonize, no disrespect intended, I must have read it the wrong way. I'll give it another couple of shots tomorrow using Notepad and see if I can't get the damn thing running. Excuse my english.
I was merely following what you also agreed with on the thread http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4864

. Download Pollphp.zip, and unzip

4. Use the "DB" folder only. (throw the other one away).

a. Rename the "DB" folder to "Poll" (Copy it, if it will not rename).

b. Now go to the "Include" folder in folder "Poll".

c. Open up "'config.inc.php" in Windows "Word" word processor
1. Change $POLLDB["dbName"] = "thune_mypoll";
2. Leave Alone $POLLDB["host"] = "localhost"; [do not change]
3. Change $POLLDB["user"] = "thune_bobt";
4. Change $POLLDB["pass"] = "gray";

D. Save Document.

5. Upload whole "poll" folder to public.html in your FTP account.

6. Tree should be: \public.html\poll.

5. Now access the program in your browser with 'http://www.mydomainname.com/poll/install.php'

6. When it fires up, follow instructions.
I know that an explanation has already been placed by others, but for the life of me I can't get it installed on my website. I know you have to download it in zipfile and put it on you C:/ drive, change certain things in Word and then upload it via your website, in my case cPanel don't know what I'm doing wrong, tried everything and still after hours just sitting here with files. Please help, he said almost to tears.

Thanx in advance.

Forum Index » Profile for Cosmic » Messages posted by Cosmic
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum