If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: llsastre
Forum Index » Profile for llsastre » Messages posted by llsastre
I've tried two alternate guestbook scripts with captcha generator images and work fine (both), but AG it's much better (configuration settings, design, language options, admin tools, etc).
I've revised the code and the environment variables of my server, but I'm unable to find why doesn't display CAPTCHA image. Do you think it is a server configuration problem or it is some bug of AG script? Is it possible to implement another captcha generator?
I've made changes on templates/form.php (for javascript code) and captcha.php (for image link code). Now, a guest can post comments if click the refresh icon until captcha image is showed, but it is not an elegant solution. However, this code can be used for next updates of AG to reload a captcha image if it is difficult to read.
I've modified both pages (captcha.php and form.php), but it does the same (take a look to page code. It seems doesn't add the parameter &rand=xxx to src=image.php?...).
Refreshing can show captcha image.
Can you pass me the javascript code to refresh the addentry page clicking a button inside the form? I must to use iframes to integrate into web site.
I've uploaded all files again with original configuration and I've filled again config.inc.php and install database. It doesn't work fine yet but visit http://www.ranchocanpicafort.com/gbook/index.php?idioma=1 (direct access to guestbook) and sign the guestbook. Then you are redirected to addentry page. Refresh it 3 or 4 times (or more) with F5 key until Captcha image is shown. It works! but not at first entry. Then is it possible that the image generate script fails for some reason?
If always generate an image (1x1 most of times), is it possible to fix the size of generated png image to display always a code?
Nothing yet. I've changed function getImage($type="png") to function getImage($type="jpg") and nothing change. Then I've changed function getImageFile($filename, $type="png") to function getImageFile($filename, $type="jpg") too (to try if something does) but nothing changes too.
I've changed it but don't have results. Now is $img->getImage('jpg'); and no captcha image is displayed.
Yes, I know php language a little bit and program web pages with it. Tell me what you need.
I think png is supported. Try this www.ranchocanpicafort.com/imagetypes.php. I've tested with function imagetypes: if (imagetypes() & IMG_PNG) {echo ...}
Ok. I'll be waiting if it's possible to fix it. Then, would be the problem that this server can't generate png images?
Thanks for your help.
Can you see the captcha image? Have you tried to post a comment?
I think it can be some environment variable bad configured (my server has php 5.2.17).
I use another captcha image at www.ranchocanpicafort.com/contacto.php?idioma=1 and it is visible, so I don't understand why i can't see captcha image with AG.
Yes, it is. This is the version on my server now.
I'm trying to use your script in http://www.ranchocanpicafort.com/librovisitas.php?idioma=1
When I try to sign in guestbook doen't show the captcha code. Then I can't write any comment.
I've tried locally on my pc and it works fine, but on my server doesn't show.
What can be the reason?
What environmental variables I need to be active or not to work fine?
I've downloaded Advanced Guestbook 2.4.4 from http://proxy2.de/snapshots/guestbook-dev-20110227.tar.gz
Thanks

Forum Index » Profile for llsastre » Messages posted by llsastre
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum