If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sacha
Forum Index » Profile for sacha » Messages posted by sacha
Hi,

can anybody explain me how to add one or more fields to the comment-form e.g. address, phone number?

I already added the fields to the poll_comment table and the template. But which parts of the class_pollcomment.php have to be changed to write the data into the database?

Thank you,

Sacha
Hi,

I tried to modify the poll script a bit. The qulity of the code is exceptionally high for this kind of tool.

If the user sends a comment, the input is checked before it is saved into the database. Where exactly is this check taking place? I`d like to

1. set a global flag if one of the fields "name", "email" or "comment" is left empty

and

2. I`d like to add a little email-validation script. I know that there`s a validation in the add_comment function. But this one takes place just before the input is written into the database. I want the validation when the form is processed so that I can give the user a feedback.

Where could this be done?

thank you - all the best,

Sacha

Forum Index » Profile for sacha » Messages posted by sacha
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum