If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Cosmic
Forum Index » Profile for Cosmic » Messages posted by Cosmic
Carbonize wrote:If you opt to use MySQL may I recommend a script called SilverCounter. I used it once and found simple to use.

Old advice, but I just might take it.
Somebody should start ringing the bell, it's all fine and dandy to be able to get such quality stuff for free, but what use is it if so many have so many problems installing it. First I can't get the poll going so I look elsewhere, now I'm having trouble with the counter.
I get this error, and I searched the site and the answer to the problem was you have to login, forgive me but where do i login? Also why is it that I can not see my config.inc.php files under Cpanel?

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dumbo/publicl/Counter/mysql.class.php on line 42
Auron wrote:Find the page you want your poll on.

Eg. index.php - must be .php unless you want to mess with .htaccess files.

Then add the code from the admin panel to the page, placing it where you want the poll to appear.

Eg.

That htaccess you talk about if that's included in my Cpanel does that mean it automatically changes html into php. I ask because my pages are html, yet when I publish to the web they become php, or at least that is to say they all have a php extention.
I've been at it for ages and just can't get the thing running, I've gone through almost all the threads without avail. Do I put it in a html addon in my page, do I open the html editor in Cpanel, where in the lords name does it go, plus do any of you feel like placing your full script, so that I can get an idea of how the build up is. The snippet stuff from the admin panel in the poll itself isn't any help, and the constant tibits to be found here and there don't give me the insight I need. And I really need a poll for my site.

In advance, thankyou for any help.
So would I, like some help, I still haven't got it up and running, done almost everything that the help threads suggest, without avail. Why don't they make these things easier to install? Some might think I'm stupid, but let's face it, lots of people have problems with the installation, otherwise a forum like this wouldn't exsist. It's a regular pain in the.....
Yes I know of the demo scripts, trouble is I can't make heads or tails of it, I've given the task to someone else who has some understanding of html scripting, perhaps she can get the poll up. Thanks again.
Auron wrote:No problem.

I may eventually get round to updating / improving the documents.
If you have any suggestions after reading them drop me a message here or a PM.

Auron

No suggestions, save maybe a script example would be helpful, seeing as that's what I've been searching for. But many thanks for you time and attention.
Thanks Auron, for you link and docs, and time, check it out tomorrow.
Thanks mate, this is the first time for me and although slowly I get there, it's abit much to spend hours on something that shouldn't take more then 15 minutes to setup and get going, and there's so many out there that do have the expertise it could make all the difference between quiting and finishing it.
It's not that I'm ungreatful, and I've read alot on the web and here on the forum, but it's obvious that the installation and viewing different aspects of the Advanced Poll repeatedly creates problems for those trying to get it installed properly and up and running. Seeing as there are enough here that do have it running is it not a thought to copy and paste what you have embeded on you home page. Perhaps in that way the laymen among us could visualize how to approach the problem, instead of getting bits and pieces each time a problem arises with a new person.

In other words taken by the hand step by step, and a complete layout of the html language embedded in the home page of any individual willing to place it. I'm still struglling and I have no insight, but gathering the bits and pieces here and there isn't getting me any further either, perhaps a little Street Car Named Desire: "You can always depend on the kindness of strangers....a stranger's just a friend you haven't met!"
You mean the script demos on the script page?
For the life of me, I've searched the web, read all the posts here, but I still can't get it on my home page so that you can see it and use it. Why didn't they make it like the guestbook or forum. Fustrating when you don't have the insight.
son_gokou wrote:I'm sorry to do this lamme question, but where is Pollphp.zip ?

3. Download Pollphp.zip, and unzip

http://proxy2.de/scripts.php fourth one down, in the middle of the page right side. Something I can answer. :o Still can't find how to make the poll show up on my home page.
Carbonize wrote:That means the database information you provided is incorrect (ie the username and password).

Well got it installed without any hitches, only thing is don't see it anywhere, well yes I must be stupid, but it is my first time setting up a site. I'm sure I must edit the setting somewhere in the admin page of the survey page.

Forum Index » Profile for Cosmic » Messages posted by Cosmic
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum