If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Cezmer
Forum Index » Profile for Cezmer » Messages posted by Cezmer
OK. Found the support section for the Lazarus guestbook, downloaded the reset.php and yahoo!! - worked like a charm. Thankyou very much.
Duh to me - just saw the link in your sig to the Lazarus site - thankyou.
Well, this http://proxy2.de/demo/guestbook/ sure looks like my guestbook.
Is Lazarus maybe an older version of your Advanced Guestbook?
Hmm. Lazarus sounds familiar but I was sure i was using Advanced Guestbook. I don't see Lazarus listed on this site as one of your scripts. Am I so confused that I am asking for help in completely the wrong place? Sorry, but it's been a while since I've worked on my website.

I don't see a readme.txt or anything in my guestbook files to tell me what I am actually using other then this

admin --> version.php

which says

I guess I am using Lazarus then. I will go look for that website. Thankyou.

Some time last year I moved my business website and its guestbook to a different server. Today is the first time since then that I have tried to log in to the Administration Panel of the guestbook. It will not accept my username and password, says it's Invalid. Shoot.

I saw in an older thread here that "There should be a password reset script in the misc folder called forget_pass.php" however I do not have such a folder in my version (I am on 1.10.2).

Can you please tell me how to reset the Administration password and username so i can log in?

Thankyou.

Thanks, figured it out.
For anyone else:

Use http://www.unixtimestamp.com/ to convert your date.

Go into phpMyAdmin.

Choose the database you want to edit from drop-down menu on the panel on the left.

From the right panel, find row dbname_data.
Click the "Browse" icon next to it.
(Icon is first one in the row, looks like a piece of paper.)

Scroll down to the row with the entry you need to edit and check its box.
Scroll to the bottom of the table and click the pencil icon for "Change".

In the date value box, paste the number you got from the Unix conversion.

Save and exit.

Cezmer
I read that thread before posting my question and it doesn't help. It just suggests using php MyAdmin and http://www.unixtimestamp.com/ but gives no directions on what you're supposed to do. Thanks anyway.

Several times a day I use the Easy Administration to delete spam comments. I was a little hasty in clicking delete yesteday and deleted an entry I wanted to keep.
Hitting the back button right away allowed me to copy the comment from the screen and save it elsewhere even though it's actually gone from the guestbook.
So I could redo the entry myself, but the header info - date, time - wouldn't be right. Anyway I could make the entry and then change the date/time on it ?

Thanks,
Thanks. I was able to break down the table(s) on from.php and adjust as I wanted.

C
Hey, thanks. This forum didn't look too active so i wasn't expecting such a quick response. Will have a look at templates/form.php and see what I can do.

Thanks,

C
Sorry about the screenshot size - it didn't effect the forum layout in "preview".

C
I've discovered that people are not leaving comments because they do not understand the image verification and so are skipping entering the letters, thus their entries don't go thru and they don't know why. Argg.

So, I would like to add some text to the page, as seen in this screenshot:

Is it possible to place text in that spot?
If not, please remind me what file I edit to add instructions above the "Leave Comment" form.

Thankyou,

C

Forum Index » Profile for Cezmer » Messages posted by Cezmer
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum