If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: stingrad
Forum Index » Profile for stingrad » Messages posted by stingrad
stingrad wrote:Hi I have checked there is nothing before the <?php and it is the first thing. I have no idea about utf-8 with a bad BOM header. I tried to re save it in notepad and upload again but it made no difference. It was saved as a utf-8 file how can I check ? thanks

Ok forget that I did a google on BOM header and found the issue. When I updated the config file I opened and saved in sharepoint. You really are very helpful with this thankyou.
Hi I have checked there is nothing before the <?php and it is the first thing. I have no idea about utf-8 with a bad BOM header. I tried to re save it in notepad and upload again but it made no difference. It was saved as a utf-8 file how can I check ? thanks
Carbonize wrote:link?

Hi it is here http://fantasiacrafts.co.uk/r2d2/index.php
stingrad wrote:
Carbonize wrote:visit misc_db_update.php in your web browser.

Hi sorry this does nothing when I put it in my web browser just says unable to find page. I am probally being stupid about where to put it

Ok I have worked that out it was in a different folder now the capthcha picture does not show it is a red cross on a white square?
Carbonize wrote:visit misc_db_update.php in your web browser.

Hi sorry this does nothing when I put it in my web browser just says unable to find page. I am probally being stupid about where to put it
Hi have upgraded from 2.3.4 to 2.4.4 by overwriting all files not using the install but now I get the following fail when I try to add an entry "Error Number: 1146 Table 'ubimynir_fantaiac.book_captcha' doesn't exist

this is because this table was not put in during any install as it was not on the previous version. Is there any way to manually do this as I do not want to do a fresh install due to all the modifications and entries I have. thanks in advance
Hi I have sorted this now if any one else does this the info is in the config file so you need to change the detials here
Hi I changed my database password on my host control panal as I had forgotton it now I cannot get into my guestbook. How do I change the password in the script...
I have now decided to reinstall the guestbook but get the following error any ideas ?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /r2d2/install.php on this server.
I have spoken to the new host they say they do not see any problems. I have now changed the name of the database but it is not set up properly how do you set the database up for the guestbook ?
I have changed my host as my old one has gone out of business but I can still access files. I have moved the folder containing all the information over but I get the following error when I try to access the guestbook.
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'stingrad_agbook1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error

I think this is because there is no database on the new server, how do I set this up and what do I need to change so it looks in the right place for the information. I have exported the old SQL database to my hard drive but when I tried to import it I got an access denied error to the old database.

Thanks for any help
Thanks to both of you have done this now lets hope it stops the posts
Thanks I have changed the base URL and all is now working. I am still confused about the robot file is there any where that lists how to do this step by step. I am not even sure where to put the folder and do I just need to add a text document to stop the robots. I have a parent directory and a www directory where all the files are which one would the folder need to be in and does the guestbook folder need to be in there or just the name of it
Thanks I will try that to see if it helps, also since renaming my folder none of the pics or smilies work has it broken a link changing the file name?
I have changed the name of the guestbook where do you have to put the robot txt as I cannot see a file with this name?

Forum Index » Profile for stingrad » Messages posted by stingrad
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum