If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: novascott
Forum Index » Profile for novascott » Messages posted by novascott
I'm sorry, I guess I missed that suggestion. Sounds like the path of least resistance. I think I'll go that route.

Thanks again, Carbonize.
Should I refer this matter to my hosting provider? I mean, would they be likely to offer this type of support, I wonder? Of course, in the whole grand scheme of things, it's not critical in that it's not impacting the overall functionality of the guestbook. It would just be nice if I could get it to work, b/c I'd like some of the smilies/emoticons to be available to visitors.

Thanks again, Carbonize.
Yes. /guestbook/lang/codes-english.php is unequivocally on the server. I set the permissions to 777 directly on the server via WinSCP.
http://www.fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net/guestbook/index.php
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Carbonize.

The only link I see to click says, "Show Legend." When I do so, I get the following error message:

"Forbidden

"You don't have permission to access /guestbook/lang/codes-english.php on this server.

"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Am I clicking the wrong link?

I have enabled read/write/execute permissions for this file, all files in the folder, and the "lang" folder itself.

Thanks,
Scott
I added several new smilies/emoticons from among those that "shipped" with Advanced Guest Book, and I have confirmed that they are in the appropriate DB table, but they don't show up as options on the Sign the Guestbook page. Any idea what the problem might be?
The question posted by Trey on Sun Feb 05, 2006, almost answered my question, but not quite. He posted a follow-up before his question was answered and said, "I somehow managed to miss step 1." I don't know which step one he was talking about.

When I try to install the guestbook using "the script 'install.php' -> http://www.yourDomain.com/guestbook/install.php" method, I get the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/.rebeque/wrangler4ha/fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net/guestbook/install.php on line 258
Cannot connect to database

MySQL Error : Cannot connect to database
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Date : Mon, September 22, 2008 22:26:47
IP : 98.218.144.213
Browser : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008091620 Firefox/3.0.2
Referer : http://www.fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 5.2.6
Server : Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 Phusion_Passenger/2.0.3 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2
Server Name : www.fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net

I don't understand where this ".rebeque" in my URL is coming from, as it's clearly not part of it, and of course I have no idea if that's part of the issue or not.

It might be easier for me just to set up the database by hand. I know what the tables are, but can't seem to find the fields that belong to each of them.

Do you think you may be able to help me resolve this problem?

Forum Index » Profile for novascott » Messages posted by novascott
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum