If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bryan G
Forum Index » Profile for Bryan G » Messages posted by Bryan G
lol
OK, got it. I'm doing that now. The new .php works and I'm leaving the CAPTCHA in. I thought it was case sensitive, but the problem must have just been incompetent people. I never had trouble posting, but I've had several customers say they get an error, they had trouble with CAPTCHA.
when I removed it it didn't work, but I thought you suggested putting it in there to fool the spammer. You must have ment put a fake one in there.
nope, that didn't work, now you can make an entry using my new.php form and the old addentry.php

somehow addentry.php is still working even though I changed the setting in config.inc.php
that's even better. I don't want to move to Lazarus because that will be a lot of work, backing up the entries and all.

Most mods I needed I was able to figure out and I might have found this one, I knew there was a place to change the addentry reference, but my eyes are tired from looking at code. I've been working on a different web site dealing with a lot of code, I just had enough.

Thank you for your help.
thank you, the first solution is what I was looking for but didn't know where to make the changes. Someone is currently spamming as I'm doing this, I usually get 5 in a row. I made the change after the 1st one, they'll be surprised after their second try.

As I said in my other post, nice script.
here's a reason to remove it. Half the people can't tell when a letter is cap or lower case. And it doesn't stop spam, I get it all the time. I have no link to the add entry on my page, yet somehow they find it and add crap all the time. Here's where I display it as a customer feedback form http://fallspc.com and everyday I get several spams. You'll see, there is no link anywhere on there to where someone can add an entry. This is driving me nuts.

A simple fix would be to password protect the add entry, but that would only work for me, not for the rest of the people using this script.

It is a nice script, if I could just mod it enough to stop this spam......

Forum Index » Profile for Bryan G » Messages posted by Bryan G
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum