If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ColleenM
Forum Index » Profile for ColleenM » Messages posted by ColleenM
And I created the guestbook directory in MySQL when I uploaded the files so I am not sure how it might be tied in with another script.

There should be no other scripts running that go to this database I created.
Okay--is it a Advanced Guestbook issue or something with my database? And what do I do now?

I guess this means I am back to trying to find a different set up.

Thanks anyways,
Colleen
Hosting site is using CPanel, but there is not option that I see for this guestbook under Fantastico. I do not see any guestbooks listed unfortunately. And I created the guestbook directory in MySQL when I uploaded the files so I am not sure how it might be tied in with another script.

I went into the pHPMyAdmin area to see what I might find out. I think a post says to check the book_auth. The passoword comes up with a very long string of characters. I'm not sure if that is normal or is supposed to show my actual password. I tried changing it to the password I put in before and trying to access the admin area. It did not work. So I deleted everything and tried it fresh again. Same thing but I have not done anything now with it as I was hoping to have help from here.

Thank you,
Colleen
I have searched the forum high and low and get pieces of help for my error. However, I have done as suggested in the posts and I still cannot get to the admin page. Here is the error:

Here is what info I changed in the config file--minus my password info:

I am just looking to be able to add a guestbook to a website I run for a friend. This one looks to be the best of what I could find and I am hitting a wall. I am really not the best with this PHP stuff and I do not know what to do next. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you,
Colleen

Forum Index » Profile for ColleenM » Messages posted by ColleenM
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum