If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: tcmw
Forum Index » Profile for tcmw » Messages posted by tcmw
Thanks for all of your help Carbonize... I appreciate the support you gave me but I no longer need this script.

How do I uninstall the advanced poll script?

Do I need to run the uninstall script or can I just delete the database and then delete the files?
whats your aim username?

mine is xpower29x

I'm on right now
Yes sir... everything matches and checked everything for case sensitivity.
I have only noticed the 3.0 on that page...

I got that error message when I clicked next on that page... I entered the database name, database user, and database password.

Clicked next and got that error message.
It's weird that is says Advanced Poll 3.0 on that get_admin page
I tried to do that and I got this message

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'indiansd_pollu'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/indiansd/public_html/mysite/poll/include/class_mysql.php on line 32
Connection Error

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user 'indiansd_pollu'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Date : Sun, October 21, 2012 12:42:36
IP : my ip
Browser : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.94 Safari/537.4
Referer : http://www.myurl.com/poll/misc/get_admin.php
PHP Version : 5.2.17
Server : Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Server Name : www.myurl.com
Script Name : /vbseo.php
When I created a new myql database I also created a new database user with all privileges... not sure if that matters.
I have tried installing it via fantastico before and I remember I couldn't log into the admin panel... so I uninstalled via fantastico...

I then tried to manually install it myself and I have the same problem... I can't get into the admin panel...
Ok please remember to do so and get back to me ASAP.

Thank you
My username is just letters (all lowercase)

My password is letters and numbers (all lowercase)
Yes, it does match.
ok that shows the exact username I registered with...
Before I manually installed.... I even tried to install via Fantastico (ver. 2.0.3 I think) and I remember I had the same problem then.

I couldn't log into the admin panel.
Not 100% sure where the admin table is but I clicked on the poll_user table and it shows 1 user ID and the username I registered with. The userpassword on the other hand is a super long code and not the one I registered with... maybe it's an encryption code or something.... I tried to enter that one just to see if it worked and it doesn't.

What else should I try?

The installation instructions in the readme file were rather simple... not sure if I need to chmod any of the folders/files?

I would really like to use this poll but I'm getting frustrated.
Yep

Forum Index » Profile for tcmw » Messages posted by tcmw
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum