If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cassie
Forum Index » Profile for cassie » Messages posted by cassie
I will download again and try 'unpacking' again.

Or can someone suggest somewhere I can download it from without unpacking, or at least a list of folders/files that should be in the zip
ok - i used the zip prog you suggested.

I unpacked it - which i had to do twice for some reason - uploaded it, couldn't find a help file so went to http://www.caroles-crafts.co.uk/guestbook/install.php.

It asked me for database, mysql username, mysql password, guestbook username, guestbook password.

I am not sure what to put in where to upgrade existing guestbook or if i should start again and then transfer in my database.

But I have the additional problem in that it says

Warning: /home/carolec/public_html/guestbook/public is not writeable
Warning: /home/carolec/public_html/guestbook/tmp is not writeable

but there is NO folders called public or tmp so how can i make them writeable.

Is there a help file which would give me simple instructions.
Yes I know it is not your script - it was a general comment.

I did try to use your script but just got a blank forum even though i had changed to the existing database. I may try again with yours as the support is excellent
I have the zip program which comes with winxp. why would you save a script for general use in a format which can't be unzipped by a standard program?
What do I do with guestbook-dev.tar.gz now i have downloaded it
i went ahead and tried laz but the guestbook is empty.

I think i would like to try upgrading the existing guestbook script so that it works but I dont know what to do with guestbook-dev.tar.gz

Can't find any instructions anywhere. It just asks what program i want to use to open it
The only difference I can see in the 2 guestbooks is that my craftbits site (which uses advanced guestbook) is that it has a drop down list at the top which goes to each of the pages and my forum.

The site I have with your guestbook does not - it has now been upgraded to the latest version by the way

Is it possible to have this drop down on Lazarus?

actually, just seen your signature. My other sites use your guestbook and you have helped me with them. Can i change this guestbook to the same as yours easily?
ok - am i being really, really thick here, but what do you do with the file you download ?

i did it before via my cpanel soft... something or other - that was easy
Sorry that was what I ment

will give it a go
yes i did change the footer to avoid spam, and it worked. I left the link to here or I would not have know where i got it from

Will the new version change all the changes i did - like colours etc?

I assume it is the Advanced Poll 2.0.9 i need to download.
I have a guestbook which the footer comes here.

I don't know which version it is or how to upgrade it.

I am moving my guestbook to a new domain because i will be moving hosters shortly and wanted to make sure the guestbook remained live while i moved hosters.

The old guestbook is at http://www.craftbits.co.uk/zzzz/index.php

The new one is at http://www.caroles-crafts.co.uk/zzzz/index.php

It appears to have moved ok except for the error which I believe is because the version is so old.

Any help would be appreciated.
Forum Index » Profile for cassie » Messages posted by cassie
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum