If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advance Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hello,

First off I am new at the PHP thing and am making an attempt to make my website better so bear with me on this.

I have uploaded and installed the advance poll onto my server. I beleive I have installed everything right as under MyAdmin it shows the poll db. and I am able to make polls but when I go to add the snippet listed below all that shows on my page is this poll_process(4); ?>

What am I doing wrong?

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/home/bdweb8598j/ropersonly.com/public_html/poll/db/poll_cookie.php";
?>

<html>
<body>
<?php
include_once "/home/bdweb8598j/ropersonly.com/public_html/poll/db/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(4);
?>
</body>
</html>

Another problem I am having is that when I go to my textfile/admin the images do not show up and when I try to change password or any other changeable thing I come up with an error. When I go to db/admin everything works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Lost in PHP land
Anonymous

change extension to .php instead of html
Anonymous

Thank you!
Anonymous

I had the same problem.. Now I know the solution!!

THANKS

Luis Daniel Ruiz
Anonymous

I'm having the same problems too. But I can't change the extension from shtml to php or my cgi includes won't work.

Anyone know how to fix this please?
twmm
Beginner

I think you are mixing apples and oranges... not to hard to do when creating web pages with HTML and PHP. It seems to me that you are getting too involved with your path statement. For example:

If you have a URL for your domain as "http://www.mydomain.com/" and the Advanced Polls have been loaded into a subrirectory "polls" the references should be quite easy:

Then in the body of your page (where you wish to have the poll booth displayed:

Generally, <username> is the same for your host path, sql setup, etc. The host path is not quite the same as the URL for your website, but there is a definite relationship to the directory paths... just a different way of naming the path. All of this is presuming that the page you are loading is in a directory relative to the polls subdirectory, i.e. http://www.mydomain.com/mypolls.php.

Another question above: it is difficult to mix ssi includes and php. it would be better if you converted you ssi includes to php includes. That way you would be able to use the php extension. If you are dead set on using ssi includes, try a Google search as well as the online PHP manual at:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/

Hope this helps.
Anonymous

Hello, I am not very fluent in php at all and can't seem to get the polls to show on an html page for my site. I have tried the help files and the text files but it just doesn't make sense to me. Can you help me?
Anonymous

Seriously, what's up with your script. Can we not use this with templates? I used your other version and everything seems to be fine http://www.sargongabriel.net/home.php But with the new v2.0.2 you can't do nothing. I'm sorry, I find this script very annoying and not user friendly. You could of at least made it easier to change the poll to any style we wanted as in width and height. But instead, we have to go and mess around with templates and try to figure out how the script is going to work. I am in a rush to come up with a poll because my web site was suppose to launch tonite. I guess I have to hold off on the poll since yours doesnt seem to be working well.
Anonymous

man wtf same here shit..
the templates crap can't change for nothing man... it saves yes but how do you load it? it doesn't apply it onto the site..
Anonymous

I just deleted the default template and it killed the whole thing. I was thinking that it might default to another but it did not. I tried to re-install the "default" template but it is still sitting on the server. It is just that the ADMIN section cant see it now.

This is a script that i would pay for if it had these BIG problems fixed.

Say I figure out how to fix this.... how does one change the template?

Please eamail me at poll_dude@dornbyg.com
heavenly
Beginner

I can't get the poll to insert into my page.
I know I am new at this stuff, but this is the only script I can't seem to get to work.
I keep getting this: poll_process(4); ?>

I've read the resolutions that you wrote to the previous person, but that hasn't helped either.
How can I fix this and get it to work properly?
________
Suzuki T350
[Email] [Yahoo!] aim icon

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum