If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
guestbook install insanity  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I swear this is the most complicated thing I have experienced in my life. I have been trying for 2 weeks to set up this guestbook and it won't even make it past the install page. First, I opened my cpanel and created a database called "gbook". Then I created the username "gbook" and a password *****, and asigned them to the "gbook" database. I entered those details into the config.inc.php file and saved & uploaded it. Then I go to the install.php page and enter the exact same details - db: gbook, host: localhost, user: gbook, pass: *****

After all that, I get the following error message...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_create_db() in /home/mysite/public_html/gbook/install.php on line 243

This is anything but easy. I'd rather buy a guestbook than go through all this trouble.
khan
Beginner
[Avatar]

HI
Don,t worry Troubles happen in life I hope you will solve this little problem soon if you dont mind please post your site URL.

http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/signature.php
http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/includes/signature.php
[Email]
Anonymous

I don't think posting my site would help at all.
I'm just wondering what this error means.
Anonymous

Try this:

1. Log in to your site admin. Go to MySQL admin and check your database name. Your host may have included a prefix to ensure that your database name is unique, e.g. "yourname.com_-_gbook". You must quote the full name to identify the database.

2. Check the host name. With some types of server, "localhost" does not work. You may have to enter an IP address such as "127.0.0.2" in the MySQL host field. (Ask your server support for the proper host name or IP number, if in doubt).

3. Check your MySQL User/Administrator name. In most cases this is assigned by the host. If you assigned it yourself, ask your server support to confirm that it is valid.

4. After you have verified these details enter them in the config,inc.php file and save it to your web folder. Run install.php, enter the same details in the fields of the dialogue box and click on "Create Table". Do not attempt to create a database - you have already done it!

This should work, so don't buy a bespoke Guestbook!

Good Luck.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum