If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Won't Submit -- Advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Everything is fine and dandy and shows up as intended, but for some reason, I cant for the life of me get the poll to work. I select my choice and hit Vote! and nothing happens and poll results do not change. this is getting to be very frustrating and time consuming.

www.lollercaust-lan.net
amber222
Graduate

Have you set the poll path in the admin panel correctly?

Are the files chmod according to the info in the readme file? The server needs write permission for some files.

Are you using textfile or database?
Anonymous

poll path in the admin? huh?

chmod?

oh, finally something i understand; I am using database.

sorry, i dont know a darn thing about php and what not. i only know html, a bit of CSS and a tiny bit of JavaScript...
amber222
Graduate

poll path in the admin? huh?

On the top menu, click on "General Settings"

Under "Modify the general settings" make sure the paths to the poll directory and image directory are correct.
  • URL to poll directory: /poll
    URL to image directory: /poll/image

• If you put the poll files in a directory other than "poll" you would need to change the info above to match yours.

chmod?

Set the file permissions. Here are links to some posts that attempt to explain. You can set permissions from the File Manager in CPanel, or from some FTP programs like CuteFTP.
  • Explanation of Chmod File Permissions:
    http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10072&highlight=#10072

How to change File Permissions from the CPanel:
    http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10713&highlight=#10713

• In my download of the script (which was done a long time ago), the db readme file does not include the following instructions, but I am thinking it needs to be done. I have not used the database version, so I am only guessing here. Auron is the expert and should be visiting soon.

Installation:

1. Upload all php files in ASCII-mode to your server.
    Give write permissions to the webserver on the configuration files.

polldata 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)
    - 1 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - 2 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - 3 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - session.php 666 (-rw-rw-rw)

templates 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)
    | default 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)
    - comment.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - display_foot.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - display_head.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - display_loop.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - result_head.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - result_foot.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    - result_loop.html 666 (-rw-rw-rw)
    | graphic 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)

include 755 (drwxr-xr-x) (directory)
    - config.inc.php 666 (-rw-rw-rw)

2. Goto the admin page -> http://www.yourdomain.com/poll/admin/

Username: admin
    Password: poll

and change the username and password.
    Anonymous

I've installed both the text and the db versions and followed the instructions to the T and when I select an option and click vote or view results, it just comes back to the poll. No votes are logged and you can't view any results. Settings are correct in admin and URL changes. For example, if I vote, it adds ?action=results&poll_ident=3 to the URL. Not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions? Permissions shouldn't be an issue since I chown'd all the files to apache (also followed your instructions just in case). I can create polls (both versions) and they display correctly.

Thanks.
    amber222
    Graduate

I'm not seeing any poll at www.lollercaust-lan.net. What page is it on?
    Anonymous

The site I'm working on is for an internal LAN and is not accessable from the Web. I'm having what appears to be the same problem as the original user that posted. FYI, I've cleared cookes and cache during testing to make sure that there wasn't an issue with those.

Thanks.
    amber222
    Graduate

I don't have a clue. Did you download the script from this site and install or use Fantastico? A previous post from Carbonize suggests problems with installing from CPanel.

Maybe you should try and email Auron.

Forum Index » Support Forum
    Go to:   
    Based on the open source JForum