If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Taken by the hand  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Cosmic
Beginner

It's not that I'm ungreatful, and I've read alot on the web and here on the forum, but it's obvious that the installation and viewing different aspects of the Advanced Poll repeatedly creates problems for those trying to get it installed properly and up and running. Seeing as there are enough here that do have it running is it not a thought to copy and paste what you have embeded on you home page. Perhaps in that way the laymen among us could visualize how to approach the problem, instead of getting bits and pieces each time a problem arises with a new person.

In other words taken by the hand step by step, and a complete layout of the html language embedded in the home page of any individual willing to place it. I'm still struglling and I have no insight, but gathering the bits and pieces here and there isn't getting me any further either, perhaps a little Street Car Named Desire: "You can always depend on the kindness of strangers....a stranger's just a friend you haven't met!"
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I will shortly upload some guides I wrote quite a while ago (years ago infact) for Advanced Poll 2.0.2, although I think the install method is the same there have just been a few bug fixes in releases 2.0.3/4.

I'll edit this post with the link to the download page.

Edit: Linkage!

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Cosmic
Beginner

Thanks mate, this is the first time for me and although slowly I get there, it's abit much to spend hours on something that shouldn't take more then 15 minutes to setup and get going, and there's so many out there that do have the expertise it could make all the difference between quiting and finishing it.
Cosmic
Beginner

Thanks Auron, for you link and docs, and time, check it out tomorrow.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

No problem.

I may eventually get round to updating / improving the documents.
If you have any suggestions after reading them drop me a message here or a PM.

Auron

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Cosmic
Beginner

Auron wrote:No problem.

I may eventually get round to updating / improving the documents.
If you have any suggestions after reading them drop me a message here or a PM.

Auron

No suggestions, save maybe a script example would be helpful, seeing as that's what I've been searching for. But many thanks for you time and attention.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Script examples can be found on this site under the free scrupts link on the left and then under advanced poll, there should be a link called demo.

[Email] [WWW]
Cosmic
Beginner

Yes I know of the demo scripts, trouble is I can't make heads or tails of it, I've given the task to someone else who has some understanding of html scripting, perhaps she can get the poll up. Thanks again.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Example... (there are even ones I've written on this forum)

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum