If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Installing Advanced Guestbook 2.4.2  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
mattkeithdesigns

Hey Everyone,

I pretty much a newbie when it comes to PHP and mySQL. I recently installed a gallery that involved me setting up a mySQL database and running the install. I think it was probably 80% luck that I got it working.

Well now I'm trying to install the Advanced Guestbook 2.4.2 and I keep getting an error message when I try to access the "admin.php" file. Here's the error message...

MySQL Error: Connection Error
Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
Date: Tue, January 16, 2007 12:02:33
PHP Version: 5.1.4
Server: Apache

I have searched all over for the "1045 Access denied" error, but I can't find anything that can explain it in an easy fashion for me. If anyone can help me out, I would be very thankful!

Thanks,

Matt
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to edit the config.inc.php file which resides in the admin folder. You need to put your database details in there.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
mattkeithdesigns

Thanks Carbonize,

That fixed it right up. I knew I probably needed to change settings in one of the PHP files, but I was trying to change the one that it was listing in the error message. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
[WWW]
nano

Hi, I just installed the guestbook program by running the install.php script, however I got the same error message that Matt posted. the solution was(is) to edit the config.inc.php file and enter the database details. I am totally new to this, can you tell me please what do I need to change. Is there maybe some sample file for the config.inc.php file?

The other thing is, how do I go back to the link? since I already created my database and table?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nano
robharrisva
Beginner

Assuming that your installation is typical and straightforward, the following should get you going in the right direction.

1. Open up the /admin/config.inc.php file and make the following changes at the top of the file.

<?php
/* database settings */
$GB_DB = array();
$GB_DB["dbName"] = "<insert database name here>";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "<insert authorized database user here>";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "<insert password for authorized database user here>";

2. Near the bottom of the /admin/config.inc.php file make the following changes.

$GB_PG["base_url"] = "http://www.<insert your domain name here>/guestbook"; /* e.g http://www.yourdomain.com/guestbook */

$DB_CLASS = "mysql.class.php";
$TEC_MAIL = "<insert admin email address here>";
$GB_UPLOAD = "public";
$GB_TMP = "tmp";

I hope this is of some help to you.

Think globally, Act locally
nano

Thanks for your prompt answer. It is fixed, however when I tried to post a message I get the following: Al parecer uno de los campos de entrada no tiene un valor vĂ¡lido. (it seems that some fields don't have a valid entry).
There must be an entry in every field? wait... I just checked your guestbook and you have and anti bot test, mine guestbook doesn't show the graphics like the emoticons and the anti bot test text. maybe that is the reason I am getting the message mentioned above.
your guestbook has three require fields to be fill, I have only two required fields(*)marked: name and message I don't see if there is an anti bot test.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the translation.(spanish)
If there is anything I can do to fix this error message please let me know.

Thanks again for your help

nano
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

What's the address of your guestbook?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to: