If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Questions on Advanced Guestbook/Survey 2.3.1,  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
goldbadge
Beginner

I'm using the Advanced Poll/Survey PHP package that Yahoo provides. I'm using it to have people rate Eagles Highlight videos and I would like for it to show them the current results after they make the rating choice and choose submit. Right now only the admin can see the stats after logging in. Is that possible?
Here's the link to where the videos and poll link are: http://eaglesfootball.milfordgrandprix.com/footballvideos.html

As an aside, you'll also notice that the survey is on the main domain http://www.milfordgrandprix.com/survey/ because all I got was a blank screen when I tryed to get it to host and load under the subdomain eaglesfootball. My guest books work fine on both the main and subdomains so not quite sure why the Poll won't work on the sub.

Also, is there a way to choose my password rather than get a random one from the admin panel ?

One other thing in case Carbon reads this. I notice guides on how to integrate the guestbook into the theme of a site but I think it's beyond me. If I set up a blank index2.html page in the sub dir and made a sub account for you, would you be able to just go in and change the code around and how much would you want to do it? Just curious. Right now I think I'm doomed to have it be a seperate looking page from the rest of the sites, of which I have two. http://www.milfordgrandprix.com/ and http://eaglesfootball.milfordgrandprix.com/
Thanks for any help/info
Kurt
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

What are you talking about?

Sounds like you've got the poll and the guestbook mixed into one thing.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It would be simple to faux integrate the guestbook with both sites that you posted. it would just be a case of copying the relevant HTML into the header.php and foooter.php files.

For now you may want to change the background colour of the guestbook on milfordgrandprix as it makes the text and links hard to read. Also yo umay wish to change the top left image, the one that says Guestbook as it looks terrible if the background is anything but white.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
goldbadge
Beginner

Not mixed up, I just have both running.
There were two seperate issues.
The guestbooks work fine in their respective domains, but the poll would only work in the main domain. That was the first issue. Mind you that Yahoo installs everything for you and when I install into the main domain it works fine but if I installed the poll in the eaglesfootball subdomain all I would get was a blank screen when I went to the link http://eaglesfootball.milfordgrandprix.com/survey (files have since been removed).
The other main issue was wanting the poll results to be able to be seen either on a seperate page or after a visitor makes their votes for the videos. The other side issue was wanting the guestbook integrated into the site. Carbon, I did adjust the links color and am working on a new gif file for the upper left corner.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I wont tell you my opinions of Yahoo in general let alone Geocities which is technically who hosts your sites.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
goldbadge
Beginner

What I'd like to make happen Carbon is to take a template of the sites theme and get the board to appear on that so I can have the top there and the navigation menu on the left side. If I create a large enough table in the middle of the page are you saying I can get the message board to appear inside of it ?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Have a look at the guestbook on my site. That is just AG 2.3.1. The guestbook is designed for customisation.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
goldbadge
Beginner

On my advanced guest book there's a drop down on the upper right but it just says guestbook. Can you tell me how to add links to other places or parts of my site in there as well? What file is the coding in ? The database itself? I have phpadmin running so I can dig in and change just need to know where to go.
Thanks, Kurt
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Do a search for Jump menu. there is a thread on it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum