If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Putting other php variables into the redirect on Adv Poll  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
bubbagrub

Hi,

I'm using Advanced Poll. I have recently modified the way I generate my content pages so that each page requires an id to be passed to the PHP as a GET variable. The result of this is that when you vote in a poll, it redirects to the wrong page, because it doesn't pass in the variable.

I can't figure out how to access a PHP variable from the Advanced Poll template. I tried editing this line:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

For example, like this:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id&amp;story=$story>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

but that didn't work (I have $story=$_GET['story'] elsewhere.

Similarly:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id&amp;story=".$_GET['story']>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

didn't work. Can anyone help? I guess my real question is, what happens to the templates before they are displayed? What is the markup language? And can I access arbitrary variables in it?

Thanks,

Ben
Anonymous

Yes you can access arbitrary variables in it.
Mosinmotte2

Nice and thanks to share it with us. If you are looking for best hosting UK audience targeted websites, Bluehost may be the most reliable one. Bluehost web hosting is an ideal option for shared and WordPress hosting spaces. Being one of the oldest hosting giant in the game, Bluehost was founded in 1996 and running worldwide while UK based users may take the most advantages of Bluehost UK hosting. Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress. When you choose WordPress as your website CMS and looking for wider online presence in UK, Bluehost is the right option to click for registration. While maintain a great relationship with their users, they have been hosting over 2 million sites worldwide.

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum