If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Can i change the display order of the results - OLDEST FIRST  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
sirtokealot
Beginner

Is it possible set the guestbook settings so that the very first ten comments made were actually on page 1 of the guestbook?

at the moment the content is changing everytime somenone makes a comment, so the next time google spiders my guestbook the data has changed, this is not good for stability.

can anyone tell me if its possible
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

1 - It's a guestbook so why worry about Googlebot?
2 - Googlebot will spider every page of the guestbook anyway
3 - If you're really worried about it have a look at Lazarus since I implemented permalinks for entries.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sirtokealot
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:1 - It's a guestbook so why worry about Googlebot?
2 - Googlebot will spider every page of the guestbook anyway
3 - If you're really worried about it have a look at Lazarus since I implemented permalinks for entries.

1. the whole site is linkbait for my seo company, its been up for a week and over 2000 entries, its getting blogged like crazy and spidered constantly.
2. yes, but if you knew anything about seo you would know that the footer link i have in the index page will hold more value going back to my company site if a) its from a static url b) from a static page ie - content that is not changing
3. i already have this one all tweeked already so i woul really just preffer if you told me how to change the order

thanks in advance
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Changing the order to chieve what you want would require a lot of recoding. When you say tweaked what exactly do you mean?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Mosinmotte2

Thanks For The Same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2019 20:29:06

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum