If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: DR4296
Forum Index » Profile for DR4296 » Messages posted by DR4296
Greetings !

I would like to use the polling system to have people vote on how they like certain music tracts. I thought what I would do would be simply to put a link to the track within each poll's question-text. That way, people could click on the link, the file would load into Media Player in a separate window, and then they could close that window and then vote in the Advanced Poll window.

So, I went to create a new poll. But the field for the QUESTION text seems to be way too small. What file do I need to go edit to alter the maxsize of that field? Also, will I have to enlarge the database field associated with that, so that it accepts all of the text?

Now, I'm sure you've put in code to strip out html characters... or at the very least quotation marks... from anything I type into that QUESTION field. But I thought once we resolved the first problem, then I'd worry about this second issue.

However, if you have some advice on how I should handle that second problem, I'd really appreciate hearing it!

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Forum Index » Profile for DR4296 » Messages posted by DR4296
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum