If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: bodders
Forum Index » Profile for bodders » Messages posted by bodders
Hi Christel,

There are lots of members, (and guests) of this Forum who would be happy to help you set up your own Guestbook using Chi Kien Uong's excellent scripts. However, you will need to tell us more about yourself and what facilities are available to you:

1. Do you already have your own web site?
2. If so, does your server support MySQL and php, both of which are essential for these scripts to work?
3. Are you comforatble with HTML and do you have an FTP program for uploading, downloading, editing and managing your web files?

If you can answer "yes" to these questions then I suggest you browse through the topics in the Forum to see how others have done it. There are several good examples of the Guestbook and lots of good advice. If all else fails, please email me. I would be happy to share what I have learned from these pages.

Good luck!
Hi Rubenstein,

If you really need a "Home" button for your Guestbook pages, here is a simple workaround:

1. Find and backup the file "footer.php"in your Templates directory. This is the original so don't overwrite it! (Call it "footer_1.php" or something)

2. Edit footer.php and insert the following code at the top of the page:

Note: I am assuming that your home page is called index.html, that it is in your root directory and that your guestbook files are in a separate sub-directory. If not, you will have to adjust the action link accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Forum Index » Profile for bodders » Messages posted by bodders
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum