If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: tooldude
Forum Index » Profile for tooldude » Messages posted by tooldude
"Probably a good idea to download the script afresh and upload the files from it."

Would that help? When I'm saying the images don't download, its the ones in the "public" folder that people have uploaded with their posts. The ones in the "img" folder work fine...

I'm about ready to give up on ever getting these images back... I guess its not that important..

Thanks for your help.
I guess I should explain a few more things. The guestbook was up and running perfectly with the old host. Once I decided to switch to the new host, I exported my original database to a .sql file and imported it to the new host. I also copied all of the folders within the guestbook and uploaded them to the new host.
The part that makes no sense is that on the old host the image files have the correct file size, it's not until I try to download them to my hard drive that they show up as being 0 kb. When I try to access them through CPanelX (that hosts control panel) I can see that the permissions are different for different images (I don't know why), and I can view the ones that have 644, but the ones that have 600 won't open to view, and when I try to change the permissions it does nothing.
I really don't know much about php other than what I've had to learn so far, but this still makes no sense to me. All of the images I have posted on the new guestbook (with the new host) link up fine.
Also, how would disabling the html effect this?

Sorry about the long post, but I want to explain my situation. Thanks so much for responding!

Forum Index » Profile for tooldude » Messages posted by tooldude
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum