If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Takara
Forum Index » Profile for Takara » Messages posted by Takara
Thank you. Talk about a D'OH!!!!!! moment.
Can someone tell me where I would find the code for the "add comments" feature in the guestbook. Most of the spam I get on my book is placed as a comment to an existing entry so I'd like to remove that option from the guestbook however I don't know where to find that code or exactly what code to remove. I've already replaced the icons with an image of the background colour so you can't see where the "add a comment" icon is and it helped a little.

If removing the code is difficult and/or could cause problems, would it be possible to add human verification code to "add comments" section. I found human verification code here some time ago (I think the code was provided by carbonize) which helped a lot with cutting down on spam in the new entries of the guestbook.
Thank you for this, Carbonize. I have added it to both of my guestbooks and for the first time I've gone 24 hours without spam being added.
Amber, you are wonderful!!!! Unfortunately for me, the "easy" way was not the easy way. LOL Your instructions on the more "difficult" way were wonderful. Now my guestbook and review book look just the way I want them to (the index page was the only page I really cared how it looks).

Here's a link for anyone who wants to see the final product:

http://datalorefiction.net/guestbook/index.php

BTW, if anyone decides to check out the rest of the site, I want to warn you. Yes it is a fan fiction website (that's not what I'm warning you about ). Most of the fan fiction has a NC17 rating however there are no graphic images on the site - just graphic words.
Thanks so much, Amber. I didn't have a new host I was going to. I just wanted to start over with the design of my guestbooks and the easiest way seemed to be to delete the existing guestbooks and re-install them but I didn't want to lose all of the entries. I followed your instructions and they worked perfectly. After going through so many links in that one thread I now know how to make the modifications I want correctly.
I'm using Advance Guestbook 2.3.1 (with 2 separate databases) at my fanfic site - one as a regular guestbook and one for reviews of the stories.

I would like to add a drop down box to the page where the submitter is leaving their comments so he/she can let me know what story they are reviewing. Can this be done? If so, easily?

I'm not sure what files I would have to modify to achieve this.

I've searched high and low for "Reviewbook" scripts but I haven't found anything that meets my needs for allowing a person to review a story online. The best I've found is modifying the AG 2.3.1 and adding either a title line or, preferrably, the drop down box, would make it perfect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thank you for bumping this. I found the answer to what was driving me crazy and can feel my sanity returning.
Why does it seem that the problems that drive us the craziest have such simple solutions.

I was going nuts with this very problem and, after reading this thread, I found a few spaces at the end of the file, deleted them and everything is perfect.

Thanks so much!! You guys are great!

Forum Index » Profile for Takara » Messages posted by Takara
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum