If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: adifel
Forum Index » Profile for adifel » Messages posted by adifel
Yet another trick for some people I saw didn't get any answer for their questions how to make the table same size for voting and results tables.
First of all make the voting table width in admin panel/general settings less than 170 (which is the default for the results table- which cannot be changed) and than compose your poll Question WITHOUT spaces and larger than 170 (you need to check it in a browser to see that) that way it won't wrap it. Even just underscore all over like i did on my site www.adifel.com.
Well, I figure it out how to work with it. If you set the expiration time for a poll to 0 days and uncheck the "never" checkbox, the poll will freeze, disable, you can see the scores but the Vote is not available anymore. And if you want it back, just check "never" and, voala, you have it. And this is just for other people who would like to use the enable / disable option.
Also, another thing I saw somebody was asking but got no answer, yes, it's possible to get different colors and table title (without messing up with poll's files) in about 2 minutes. Here is the proof:
http://www.adifel.com/jennifer/colouring/votes_1.php
First of all I want to thank everybody maintaining this forum, especially Auron, also to whoever made this great little "program" and distributed it for free .
Second, I've had tons of questions, most of them already answered by Auron or Carbonize to other people, there's just a little thing left, here's the fact: I have this 5 polls on the same page - for every working day of the week -, I want votes based on days, I figure out how to "disable" poll from a past day (with the expiration option) but I can't disable the upcoming polls, let's say it's Tuesday, I don't want people to vote on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday polls (which I also don't want to take out or hide). Any ideas how to make the "disable" option to work? Thanks a lot.
I have the same problem.

Forum Index » Profile for adifel » Messages posted by adifel
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum