If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: goluboy
Forum Index » Profile for goluboy » Messages posted by goluboy
OK, I fiddled around with the code some more and came to a conclusion: the poll will work as an insert if the size of the page you are inserting it into is within a certain range. My main page is a whooping 65,845 bytes. My hunch is that by the time the page loads the part where the poll script is supposed to be, it just chokes and gives up. Hence, the voting malfunction.

So, as a result, I'm completely scrapping the poll-within-main-page approach and put up a link to the smaller, easier-to-load separate poll page. Not what I wanted, but it'll have to do.
As with many others here, I have a main web page where I have the code snippet for the poll inserted (along with the poll_cookie code at the top). The poll shows up fine, but voting doesn't seem to work. When I click on vote after selecting an option, the index.php just refreshes and I get the voting form again. The results don't show up. When I click on View Results, I find out that the vote didn't register at all.

I've set up the poll as a separate page and it seems to be fine (voting works, results show up).

Did I miss something?

Forum Index » Profile for goluboy » Messages posted by goluboy
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum