If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sluggoaafa
Forum Index » Profile for sluggoaafa » Messages posted by sluggoaafa
Not sure exactly what I did, but had to reset my MYsql pswrd on the server...and everything sorta worked.

Now I need to figure out how to get all my images back. (added later: Smilies are working again, had to change the [base_url] in the config Man is that file a pain)

also need to re-edit everything to add the Image and Human verifcations....grrrrrr (added: see that 2.4 has the image verification already in it....so far no spammers....thanks for everything you guys...)

Thanks everyone for all your help!
alright, now getting another error...more likely password...I have to run and be gone the next few days.....

interesting how the captcha didn't transfer from 2.3 - 2.4. Thanks for the help, will try this again in a few days.
It was working great before. I follows all the directions, and did all the updates to the admin/config.inc.php as described in all the various threads.

then uploaded the files, and tried to do the updater from the site, and nothing...asks to updated the admin/config/inc.php. (which was already updated)

Have done all the changes described above...and nothing.

The GB was working great before, I had both the image verification and the human verification and now all I have is the 'view' option of my GB. I get
MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET session_id='99871e6e35d018679c035c891469c00c', validate_key=
Date : Sun, April 2, 2006 16:18:52
IP : 75.3.62.78
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer : http://slu2ggo.org/
PHP Version : 4.3.11
Server : Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
Server Name : slu2ggo.org

All I did was follow the directions as outlined in the readme text....nothing else should have been changed.

lost and confused
Carbonize wrote:
headcoat wrote:I tried copying the config file and then copied it back but after running the update file I get "Please update config.inc.php first."

What does this mean?

it means exactly what it says. You need to copy the database information from your old config.inc.php into the new one that comes with 2.4.

so when you do all the above, and then run the update, and it still requests you to update config.inc.php....then what?

I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this darn thing out, and no luck. I've even noticed that my images are gone. very frustrating. I am working inside of yahoo/geocities (I know you dislike them Carbonize) but I had 2.3.x running very well...now trying to run the update in misc....it's saying I need to update the file.

grrrrrrrrrr

Of course, I've tried to load Lazarus file, but have an even tougher time doing that, so sticking with AG for now....

Forum Index » Profile for sluggoaafa » Messages posted by sluggoaafa
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum