If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: rvk2
Forum Index » Profile for rvk2 » Messages posted by rvk2
Hey folks, my site is up and running now. The problem I have is with Advanced Poll 2.03. I received this program with my GoDaddy hosting service. The problem I have is that I loaded up Advanced Poll in my sidebar.inc file. When I hit Vote, or go to View Results, the url goes to a new page.
I wanted to know if anyone has setup Advanced Poll on the side, and knows how to make the results show up on the same page.
Here is my site if you guys want to see what I'm talking about:
http://www.currybear.com
I load my poll.php file through my sidebar.inc file, which handles all the menus on the left side of my page. The poll shows up fine when on the sidebar, but when I hit vote, the browser is taken to the poll.php file and it shows the results. How can I have the poll result show up on the menu on the left, inside the sidebar.inc file, so that the site visitors aren't taken to the poll.php file?
Hey everyone, new to the forum here. I just got my website from godaddy and I'm trying to setup a poll for my blog site. I am familar with HTML and a little bit of PHP, but have no idea about database stuff. I created a database thru the godaddy control panel, but don't know what to do.

I've created a poll using advanced poll in a php file, but I'm getting an error when it loads.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/...............db/include/class_mysql.php on line 32

Any suggestions on what it could be? I've read up on the forums, but like I said, I know really nothing about database stuff.

Forum Index » Profile for rvk2 » Messages posted by rvk2
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum