If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: AutismMedia
Forum Index » Profile for AutismMedia » Messages posted by AutismMedia
I disagree.

It wouldn't read the datafiles for the guestbook or the private messages in the OLD database until I removed the prefix "gb" from "book_data" and "book_private" from the new config file.

That works now...but I'm getting weird header alert messages appearing above the top of my administration area control panel... Nothing's perfect, I guess.

Erik
Here's the database info from the old file:

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "name_agbook1";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "name_agbook1";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "EDITED";

/* tables */

$GB_TBL["data"] = "book_data";

$GB_TBL["auth"] = "book_auth";

$GB_TBL["cfg"] = "book_config";

$GB_TBL["com"] = "book_com";

$GB_TBL["ip"] = "book_ip";

$GB_TBL["words"] = "book_words";

$GB_TBL["ban"] = "book_ban";

$GB_TBL["priv"] = "book_private";

$GB_TBL["smile"] = "book_smilies";

$GB_TBL["pics"] = "book_pics";

And here's the database info from the new file (unaltered yet)

/* database settings */

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "name_agbook1";

$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";

$GB_DB["user"] = "name_agbook10";

$GB_DB["pass"] = "EDITED";

/* tables */

$GB_TBL["data"] = "gb_book_data";

$GB_TBL["auth"] = "gb_book_auth";

$GB_TBL["cfg"] = "gb_book_config";

$GB_TBL["com"] = "gb_book_com";

$GB_TBL["ip"] = "gb_book_ip";

$GB_TBL["words"] = "gb_book_words";

$GB_TBL["ban"] = "gb_book_ban";

$GB_TBL["priv"] = "gb_book_private";

$GB_TBL["smile"] = "gb_book_smilies";

$GB_TBL["pics"] = "gb_book_pics";

$GB_TBL["cap"] = "gb_book_captcha";

What needs to change in the new file? The database name is the same...

thanks for your patience, btw...
Okay... let's see. The 2.3.1 version doesn't have a misc folder. So when I installed the NEW version, I tried running the update script... "no update necessary"

So then I copy the Misc folder to the old version installation...and tried running the script. NOthing happened.

Line by line, what info should I be copying from the old config.inc.php to the new version config file? Obviously I'm not copying the right lines, or it should work as you say...
Your reset script worked perfectly, thank you. With that out of the way, I'll still need to solve the problem of upgrading successfully, preserving the old database (and getting the upgrade to recognize it without functional defects...)
How, specifically? I want to know if how I've tried doing that is the right way or the wrong way.

Erik
Well, your first link there results in an error 404 message...so that wasn't helpful.

I confess I didn't try the other two links, but I did read through several threads on the topic and tried the suggestions, but I'm just not meeting with success yet.

It's a GREAT guestbook, don't get me wrong. I wish it wasn't so popular with spammers... which is why I'm excited to upgrade to the new version. But now my problem is getting the upgrade to work with the old database that still allows user verification to operate so people can post messages...
Yeah, thanks. I did. Nothing posted helped me. Sorry.
That's the obvious answer, of course. But the new installation didn't recognize that an older one was there. And I can't install in the old folder. I could select the old database during the installation process (of the new one), but it didn't USE the old database. It ignored it.

The root path to the old database is different than the root path to all the templates, etc. of the new guestbook. If I change the path in the config.inc.php file (from the admin folder) toward the old database...the old messages show up in the new book, but then the feature that allows people to enter a code (such as "f2pgh" or something like that) to post new entries doesn't show up. I also get header alerts at the top of the control panel in the administration area.
I've lost access to my admin area in an older installation. User and password simply don't work. I can't delete spam or moderate the messages posted there.

Where is the password, etc. stored? I figure I can get in through my ftp program, open a file and manually change the password, etc.

What file is it stored on?

Erik
Hi everyone,

I lost the ability to log into the old version of AG 2.3.1 and so it's useless.

What can I do to transfer all the old entries from a previous installation (which is still there in a different folder) to a new installation of the most recent version?

Thanks,
Erik

Forum Index » Profile for AutismMedia » Messages posted by AutismMedia
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum