If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: toast
Forum Index » Profile for toast » Messages posted by toast
I've had Advance Poll (2.0.2) installed on my site working great for quite a while. Just today I moved my entire site to a new server location and now the poll doesn't work.

Problem:
- After I login to the admin panel, if I click *any* link I'm presented with the login screen again. After I log in that second time I get the same admin panel once again (not the link/feature I clicked on).

I'm not using a database, what am I missing?
I'm thinking of upgrading to the newer version, but like a lot of other people I've seen posting, I'm concerned with losing my settings and - more importantly - my templates. What needs to be done to upgrade with this in mind? I've noticed a lot of posts asking the same thing but so far no answers. I thought I'd try to resurrect this topic before I potentially shoot my poll to hell by wiping all the data out.

Using the textfile version, by the way.
I'm trying to customize the default "random" poll that's displayed when you use the the poll list code I pulled off the sticky in these forums

Specifically I would like for the poll that's displayed by default to be the most recent poll instead of a random one from the list. I attempted to change the parameter to
Doing that only half works. When you first access the page, sure enough the most recent poll is displayed and that works fine. The complication arrises when you click the link to any other poll. The poll clicked will display, however if you click the poll's "result" link the page refresshes to display once again the most recent poll. The only time you can actually view a result is if you click the result link for the newest poll.

Has anyone else out there gotten this concept to work properly or have any ideas as to what needs to be done to the code to get it to work correctly?

Thanks a ton everyone!
I'm having a bit of an issue with the code for the poll list. I took the code listed in this thread and it works great! However I wanted my list to by default display the most recent poll until someone clicks a link for a specific poll. When I changed the value from echo $php_poll->poll_process("random"); to echo $php_poll->poll_process("newest"); it really messed things up. It defaults to the most recent poll, and clicking on a link to another poll works fine. However, when you then click the "result" link for any poll it sends you to the most recent poll. Clicking result for the most recent poll does work however.

Help?

Thanks everyone, other then this it's been working awesome!

Forum Index » Profile for toast » Messages posted by toast
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum