If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: port80
Forum Index » Profile for port80 » Messages posted by port80
Just wanted to update.

I tried installing Lazarus using the update feature, and it is working perfectly. I am assuming it fixed whatever might have been wrong with the database.

Anyway, I know its not the real solution, but it works, and thats what matters.

Thanks for your help with this.
Hmm, that didn't seem to work. I replaced both tables with the previous working installation, and still no good. I even updated the collation on the new installation, but no luck.

Any other ideas? Could this be resolved by migrating to Lazarus?

Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the data or the table structure itself?
I recently migrated my server to a php 5 server. This also updated the mysql install from 4.0 to 4.1.2. Ever since then, users have not been able to add an entry to the guestbook. They get the error:

Guestbook - Error
One of the input fields does not seem to be valid.

I have looked through the forums, and I am not having the same problems I see others having. I am able to log into the admin area without a problem. I have the Min. message length=1, Max. message length=1500, Max. Word length=80.

I have not seen too much in terms of support for these kinds of errors in 2.4.2. I am hesitant to try any of the mentioned fixes for previous versions.

This installation is one I inherited, and did not install. You can see the error at: http://www.emindful.com/advancedguestbook/index.php

I have tried redownloading all of the files and uploading them to the server (all except /admin/config.inc.php

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is the only part of our migration that is a snag. Thanks in advance for your help!

Forum Index » Profile for port80 » Messages posted by port80
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum