If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced guest book error messages  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I am using cpanel with the advanced php guestbook. When I try to edit the templates I receive these error messages

Warning: fopen(./templates/body.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mytammy/public_html/memorial/lib/admin.class.php on line 180

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mytammy/public_html/memorial/lib/admin.class.php on line 181

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mytammy/public_html/memorial/lib/admin.class.php on line 187

What should I do?
Thanks
amber222
Graduate

I'm a newbie, but maybe you need to set permissions on the directories /Memorial and/or /lib to 777 and see if that helps? Whenever i got these kinds of errors, I changed permissions, and things worked.
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Hi,

Amber222 is right, most of the time ths is a chmod question.
You shouldn't set Memorial to 777, because you give everybody write permission to your root directory.

Here is how I have the chmod setup:

admin 755
doc 755
img 755
lang 755
lib 755
public 777
templates 777
tmp 777

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum