If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
image verification script for 2.31  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
amber222
Graduate

I just noticed that PaulTT www.1820settlers.com is a phpnuke site. Can somebody give me the 411?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I'm wondering if PHPNuke didn't change something since AG 2.3.1 was released as AG 2.3.1 was written to integrate into it form what I have seen in the code.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
amber222
Graduate

I am not using the Advanced Guestbook for Phpnuke. I am actually using the basic program. I just put it in a phpnuke module myself. ( This was before I knew there was such a thing as Advanced Guestbook for Phpnuke.) I believe the only thing I changed was one file where it says something like "... is running in a postnuke or phpnuke module; false". I changed it to "true" and I think I had to change the path.

I noticed with the Admin logout redirect, the problem seemed to be the path. I tried changing it myself, but couldn't get it to work, probably because I really don't know php.

It seemed that earlier in this thread Paul was having problems which he thought were related to the path. He sent you the files, and I guess you fixed them, because the guestbook on his site has the image. I sent him an email requesting info, but there is no guarantee he will respond.

I was wondering if you recalled what you did to help him solve his problem?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

think I would have to install PHP Nuke to fix this one. Images are easy to fix as you can right click to get the properties and see where it is pointing to. Pauls problem is a weird one as the files are correct and it appears to be working right so I need to delve into how the book interacts with the CMS.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
amber222
Graduate

Thank you, but I don't want you to have to install Phpnuke - we're talking huge. It would be much simpler to just not allow image upload until I figure this one out.

Btw, how vulnerable is it having image upload without the verification? Will maybe excluding certain file types get around this?

As always, your expertise is appreciated.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The guestbook already limits the file types they can upload. The image verification is just to stop spam.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum