If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hints on changing footer?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I tried setting permissions to all files in "lib" that come up as getting errors as well as the templates folder per the site when I want to add to the footer but I am having no luck. Anyone have some clues on this or directions to blow by blow instructions?>
Thanks in advance for you help.
Wudman

This thread refers to a problem I am having, sorry that the sign in wasn't complete. I have tried to install my google adsense and a link back to the main site in the footer with no luck. Please respond to this one so I get e-mail notification.
Thanks,
Wudman
Trevor
Student
[Avatar]

Hi,

If you're wanting to change the text / images / links etc in the footer just open footer.php in the templates sub-directory and make whatever changes you want. Very simple version of footer.php below creates 2 text links at the foot of the page to Yahoo and Google...

Hope this is what you were asking about,

Trevor
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Wudman

Darn, I was CHMODing the folder, not the specific footer file. All is good, thanks for the responses!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Personally I would leave the files as read only. It may sound like a good idea to edit the templates from the admin section but if you get exploited they can change your files.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Wudman

Carbonize wrote:Personally I would leave the files as read only. It may sound like a good idea to edit the templates from the admin section but if you get exploited they can change your files.

Please clarify, I did reset the CHMOD back to "read only", so hopefully after modding the template I will not be at risk anymore than I was before. Thanks for the input.
Wud

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum