If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook 2.3.1 Clickable thumbnails don't work.  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
The Old Man
Beginner

Hi all,
I have used some of the mods on this forum to improve the great Advanced Guestbook script. These include:

• Link added to allow Visitors to navigate back to the main site.
    Drop down menu now includes link to "Return to Hompage".
    Header and Footer added above and below the Guestbook to match rest of site.
    Removed the Admin Link to increase security.
    Replaced the Male and Female icons with an M and a F.

• I have now found that when an image thumbnail is present in a guestbook signature, you can't click to open full screen. At least that's what I guess its supposed to do as I never tried before adding my own Board Header and footer.

My guestbook is at:
    http://sarahjaneredmond.com/guestbook/

When I click on a thumbnail which has for example the following link:

IE6 shows an error notification in its bottom status bar "Error On Page". When I click to view it, it says:

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Error: Object expected.
    Code: 0
    URL: http://sarahjaneredmond.com/guestbook/

and the full size image does not show.

Could anyone help me track down this error?

Thanks!
    Graham.
    Anonymous

I looked at the source code for the page, and you are missing the javascript. When I look at the source code for my guestbook, this script is there:

Sorry, I can't tell you how to fix this. I would say make sure when you customized, you didn't accidently delete something, like any of the include statements in the index.php file (starting on line 8 in the original file):

Make sure the templates/user_pic.php file is there.

Make sure the templates/entry.php file calls for the user_pic message (originally on line 29):

If you make any changes, check the source code of the index.php to see if it calls for the java script.
    The Old Man
    Beginner

Hi thanks for the quick reply - very kind!
    I checked my index.php file and it contains the lines of code you mentioned. In fact I wasn't aware I'd removed anything intentional, must have been by accident!

Regarding the javascript you quoted firstly, which file is it supposed to be in? I'll check when I get home from work later! I could try inserting the lines from your quote if I knew which file it was in and which line numbers approx.

I just checked my user_pic.php file and it reads:

I just checked and its there on my server.

I checked templates/entry.php and it should be as normal because I don't recall opening that file before:

Many thanks for the kind help!
    Trevor
    Student
    [Avatar]

Graham,

I also had a look at the source code and came to the same conclusion...

When you click on a thumbnail it requires the function gb_picture, your source code seems to be missing this.

Try checking the header.php file in the templates sub-directory, see if it's been accidentally deleted or something.

Do you have an original (unedited) copy of header.php to compare with?

Trevor
    [Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
    The Old Man
    Beginner

Aha, I think I know what's happened Trevor.
    I used the guide to insert my own header and footer and I chose the first of the two options to overwrite the existing header.php file. The one where it says to make your head and insert the word guestbook, then save everything before and up to the word guestbook as header.php! I didn't realise I'd overwritten a javascript too!

I'll go compare the original to mine and se what I've lost.

Thanks for the heads up guys!
    The Old Man
    Beginner

Thanks you very! That fixed it!

I inserted

between the end of the style code and before the <\head> tag, just like the original header.php file.

It nows works fine. Many thanks!

Forum Index » Support Forum
    Go to:   
    Based on the open source JForum