If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook Hacked  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
bigbadozdave

One of my clients has had her guestbook hacked (http://www.hunnybearhollow.com/guestbook) and I think the hacker might have also changed the username & password, as I can't access the admin section to change things back.
I think she was just using the default username/password of test/123, but I can't get that to work, nor her secure username/password (if indeed the default was ever changed to this).
Can anyone assist in helping me either (a) delete the hack; or (b) tell me how to retrieve username/password if indeed the hacker changed them?
Thanks
David J Thomas
Ozeweb Website Solutions
[Email] [WWW] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

lol not really good advertisement for your services. Anyway if you do a search you will find this problem has been asked many times. If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can simply manually change the username and password back to their defaults. The password is encrypted so yu will need to copy it exactly from the install.php file or find it posted somewhere in here.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum