If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guest can't upload images all of a sudden.  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I don't know what happened. Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 was working fine then the ability to upload an image broke. When you sign the guestbook you should be able to hit "browse" and upload an image which will be resized (my specifications are 100x100 and 800kb limit) and then a thumbnail created. It worked at first but now it doesn't. My website is www.retchingred.com and the guestbook is under "talk shit". Can anybody help me fix this problem?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Did you change anything to make this happen? Have you tried reuploading all the files?

Btw you may want to edit the template and language files to customise the guestbook to fit in with your site more.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Could be that PHP was upgraded to .10 recently.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Nope as mine is running on .10 (after I had to tell my hosts about the update) and image upload works fine. Unless they updated and reset their php.ini file.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Carbonize wrote:Nope as mine is running on .10 (after I had to tell my hosts about the update) and image upload works fine. Unless they updated and reset their php.ini file.

hmm. k. Could be php.ini since that has a load of upload control commands/stuff in it.
May just take them a while to re-configure it.

Just thought doesn't the img. path get stored in the MySQL database?
Maybe there's a problem with that.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

When you say try "reuploading all the files" does that mean installing Advanced Guestbook on top of itself? Won't this erase all my customization and the guest's posts?

The other stuff you guys were talking about went right over my head. You probably get a lot of php illiterate people because Yahoo offers AG as a download. Sorry to be so dense.

thanks,
Cinder

www.retchingred.com
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

We don't mind where you downloaded it from so long as the file hasn't been tampered with. Yes by reupload I do mean overwrite the existing files. If you have altered the templates then feel free to keep them as they do not affect the way the script works. The entries and settings are stored in your MySQL database so are not affected by altering the files.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

Thanks, I'll try that. I didn't do anything except change the image size but then I changed it back again. I'll check back soon.
Anonymous

I reinstalled AGB ontop of itself and the photo upload worked until someone used html to put an image in the body of their post. I reinstalled it a gain and disabled html and now it works just fine. Kind of a bummer to lose the previous posts. And I wish it was possible to use the html without losing picture upload. But all in all it's a great guestbook and I'm really glad you guys are so responsive to giving help.

Thanks, Cinder

www.retchingred.com
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Enabling HTML is a dangerous thing to do as it then allows ANY HTML to be posted. Several guestbooks have been defaced because they had HTML enabled. You can post an image using the AGode so long as AGcode is enabled.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

AGB picture upload was working just fine. I reinstalled it and disabled HTML. It worked for a few days then stopped again! I really didn't change a thing or even touch any settings between the time it was working and it stopped. No one else has access but me. I really don't want to lose all the posts by reinstalling again. People have been enjoying the picture upload and now they are e-mailing me to fix it, help!
ET
Graduate

Cinder wrote:AGB picture upload was working just fine. I reinstalled it and disabled HTML. It worked for a few days then stopped again! I really didn't change a thing or even touch any settings between the time it was working and it stopped. No one else has access but me. I really don't want to lose all the posts by reinstalling again. People have been enjoying the picture upload and now they are e-mailing me to fix it, help!

Check your php variables - check to make sure that safe_mode is "off" - your webhost may have changed the settings?
Anonymous

I just checked safe_mode and it is off. The image upload was working for a while and then it just stopped. When I reinstall, it fixes it but then just breaks on it's own. I wish someone could figure this out with me. My guestbook is located at http://www.retchingred.com/guestbook/ Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Well the script can't be changing. Any error messages?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ET
Graduate

Only other thought I have - I don't use the program to upload images so this may be out in left field - is there a maximum number of kbs you can upload into the image directory? Is it full?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum