If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hi their guys!  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hi their.

Im wondering how i can remove the link to this website and the poll version from the bottom of my poll so i can fit it onto my page correctly.

Can any 1 please help

thanks

Marki Mark
Anonymous

can any 1 help plz
amber222
Graduate

When someone else develops a program and allows us to use it freely, we are not supposed to remove their links without their permission and, in most cases, paying a fee. I believe removing these links without permission is considered stealing. See the post below.

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3576&highlight=poll+link

That said, you should contact the author for instructions on removing the links.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I wouldn't worry about it.

The poll and agb seem to be pretty much aboandon-ware now.
Certainly not worth 15 euros/dollars or whatever it is/was.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I removed it from mine. I only readded it to make people think I was running Advanced guestbook 2.2. so they would try and exploit it so i can report them. I feel I am justified in removing the copyright as I've done enough bloody work on it.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
JTD
Graduate

That and the fact that the person who wrote it all did a lousy job and doesnt seem to give a flying F*** any longer.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
ET
Graduate

Personally, I leave it on out of respect for the originator of a program, even if I modify it significantly - however I am known for changing the style - i.e. Advanced Guestbook is now AG so that when spammers/hackers go around looking for "advanced guestbook 2.2" my book does not show up in their search. Plus I tend to change the color of the font to match the color of my background - It's there, just hidden, mostly.... Doesn't stop them totally, but does slow them down.... and I never ever ever leave my URL listed on a site like this..... Once I get help, I remove the url from the post!!!!
Anonymous

You people are amazing! If it's such a lousy program, why are you using it? So basically what you're saying is like if you go to the store and the clerk isn't behind the counter, it's okay to steal the candybar. If you expect credit, compensation, whatever for what you've done, then you shouldn't volunteer. You can make whatever excuses you want, but ET is right. You ought to at least have a little respect.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

We do leave it.

In each file is all the copyright stuff we just take the link off.

phpBB do the same, they prefer you to leave the link but if you need/want
to remove you can so long as you keep the copyright headers in the files.
If this guy is gonna let people use his app's he should at LEAST provide
support and update them with bug fixes etc.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

D.A. wrote:You people are amazing! If it's such a lousy program, why are you using it? So basically what you're saying is like if you go to the store and the clerk isn't behind the counter, it's okay to steal the candybar. If you expect credit, compensation, whatever for what you've done, then you shouldn't volunteer. You can make whatever excuses you want, but ET is right. You ought to at least have a little respect.

I never said it was lousy, I said it had exploits and needed updating. I have patched the exploits and updated the guestbook for myself and many others. I have racked up 1000 posts on this forum helping people with guestbook problems as the guestbooks maker seems to have turned his back on it. Am I justified in removing the copyright from the bottom? I'd say yes. Want to argue with me abotu it? Use my forum.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum