If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Spam on AdvancedGuestBook 2.3.3  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
markus56
Beginner

Well, I assume it's not quite pointless. I deliberately wrote the script in a way that it spams only 1 site with ONE message. I'm sure that each of our forum readers has enough programming skills to enhance it (i.e. read website names from an Array or database).

the point was to prove that Lazarus boards CAN BE spammed, which you now have admitted.
markus56
Beginner

Well, I assume it's not quite pointless. I deliberately wrote the script in a way that it spams only 1 site with ONE message. I'm sure that each of our forum readers has enough programming skills to enhance it (i.e. read website names from an Array or database).

the point was to prove that Lazarus boards CAN BE spammed, which you now have admitted.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes but I suggest you take a look at your own guestbook. The only post it has had since you introduced image verification is in fact a spam entry.

You cannot make a universal Lazarus spamming script as the anti bot question on every site will be different. Some may contain the answer in the question and some wont. Not all of them are in English for a start. The only way you could make a script to spam multiple Lazarus sites is to actually visit the site and manually put the answer into the script.

Oh and do you really think I'm stupid enough to have left the useragent exploit in place? Who do you think it was reported the exploit in the first place?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
markus56
Beginner

Sorry to disappoint you, but the entry you talk about is NOT a spam entry. Before releasing this one to the list of entries, I carefully checked the log. The positive statement (even though also used in spam entries) is in this particular case a manually entered message by someone who visited the site in fact.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Spam is spam regardless of whether it was posted manually or by a script/program. There are people out there who manually spam guestbooks and forums.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22class-first-travel.50webs.com%22

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Personally carb I wouldnt give markass the time of day. He is just pissed because you came up with the better ideas and all he can do is copy you!

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

no we came up with different ways of takling the same problem. The reason Lazarus is more popular is because as well as anti spam I added more features and options as well as improved existing ones.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum