If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
agb driving me insane lol  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
suprra_girl
Beginner

so i decided that i was gonna go edit the actual pages in the guestbook so it would no longer have "guestbook" "AGB" "advanced" keywords anywhere on the pages anymore but still have a link to the original creators... also i made a new database called commentry hoping that the spammers wouldn't find me anymore

sooooo... i created the new database
now to export the old one

1) what exactly do i need to export? i just want the current comments and pics they have uploaded
2) i tried just a general export (found a link to a faq thread on how to export)
if i just click the checkbox and save as sql with no compression the box comes up to save to a location... i click ok and it doesn't save the file.. the box just dissapears
i chose once to save as zip file and when i tried to import it said
There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:
----BEGIN CUT----
eNodj79Lw0AcxQ/rILcIIro4fIdCHZLr3eUH6W0lhraYpjGpdRJJTdFgTNLESv0LxMHNxX9DZ3Fy
8V/QyV2QDs5enR48Hu/znhMEg0CAzcDm4DqeAA4aWByHQ2nXMLZHoYB6LxZQTdMiKqtJSdJkTIrz
QrkGTjSdcMKAU2o0qdnUKDBTGJZgDNLJZQuceQF13L8JD1wBOqGEG2p1FWVxVMb4MAxgECrQ7jje
UIGRI5lHSQY9B0xCsd9vyz3EJJpapAz7XX8ZUQbhskkjEuEm2WyO3bbXETDJ1KTKVcsyWirD/zx/
v7a6iRBaQ0/Pu3oD9J/3dYRu9xDakm41K8qIspPobJznF0wKkR+/d46rD3Px8rry6HV+7982Hrp3
i089+zKz08b2HwUpVNQ=
----END CUT----
----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 2 3 82
STR: 

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.34.2.1 2005/06/30 16:58:11 lem9 Exp $
MySQL: 4.0.25-standard
USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win IE 6.0
PMA: 2.6.3-pl1
PHP VER,OS: 4.3.11 Linux
LANG: en-iso-8859-1
SQL: PK²³(4' 4ðʇDsupra01_agbook1agb.sqlí]sÛ6ò½¿™NGö?Å”H‰òÜ4nâ6nc'
----END RAW----
SQL query:

PK²³(4' 4ðʇDsupra01_agbook1agb.sqlí]sÛ6ò½¿™NGö?Å”H‰òÜ4nâ6nc'
MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PK' at line 1

[ Back ]

so i then tried doing it as uncompressed and the box just dissapears
so then i tried gzipping and it just comes up page cannot be displayed all the time
it's now doing it on just zip
and uncompressed the box dissapears

anyone have any ideas pleaseeeeeeeeeee

thanks
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

Forget zip and all that stuff. In PhyMyAdmin, you just select "export", select all tables, check the "save as file" box, click on "go", and it gets saved as a .sql file in whatever directory you point to. The default filename it gets saved to is username_dbname.sql.

When you want to import that .sql file into a database, you just select "SQL" in PhpMyAdmin and point to the .sql file on your hard drive to have it populate a database.
suprra_girl
Beginner

thanks for your reply

but...

i tried just a general export (found a link to a faq thread on how to export)
if i just click the checkbox and save as sql with no compression the box comes up to save to a location... i click ok and it doesn't save the file.. the box just dissapears

it doesn't save the file on my computer... the box just dissapears and that's it.. no file to import as it didn't save one

here's the first page... and what i select for export

and here's what happens when i select "go"
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

Could it be your browser settings? What browser are you using? I just worked on someone's computer, and they use Firefox. In their browser settings, they had selected to always save the file to a particular directory instead of asking where to save it... so when I went to save a file, it did not give me a choice, and I had to check the settings in Tools, Options, Downloads, to find out where the file was saved. It did save it, though. Maybe it is something like that and you need to tell your browser to always ask where to save files??? Just guessing here.
suprra_girl
Beginner

i do have norton firewall but i disabled it one time just in case that was doing it

i have ie6 probly with windows firewall activated too

edit: just confirmed, i disabled norton firewall and no difference
[WWW]
suprra_girl
Beginner

one thing i do find odd is that when i use the exit button from phpmyadmin it says on the screen
Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1

Wrong username/password. Access denied.
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

That message is standard - not to worry.

Well, let me know if you would like me to try and save it for you - requires login info. Carbonize may help if you ask.

Many of us have moved up to Lazarus Guestbook.
http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/
amber222
Graduate

I just noticed while looking at the photo that the "save as file" box was not checked. Maybe that's the issue. That box needs to be checked before you click on "go."
suprra_girl
Beginner

eh i must have forgotton to tick it for the images... normally i would

this lazarus thing does look pretty good and solving alot of spam problems but the problem with me is.... i'm a php/sql (any other abbrev you can think of that involves programming of any sort) noob! LOL
i have no idea how to do it properly and don't wanna screw it up
and considering i can't export the book

hmmm hehe

any help appreciated
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

I think Lazarus is very easy to use. Have installed it in 8 sites, and everybody loves it. We especially like the fact that you can click on one link and ban the IP and delete the post at the same time. It also has some other nice features.

Good help is available in the forum. I will install it for lost people, as long as their website is not offensive.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

amber222 wrote:I think Lazarus is very easy to use. Have installed it in 8 sites, and everybody loves it. We especially like the fact that you can click on one link and ban the IP and delete the post at the same time. It also has some other nice features.

Yes the IP ban link is great so long as you remember to actually turn on Ip banning unlike me. I spent 30 minutes looking for a bug that didn't exist.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
amber222
Graduate

Some days are better than others!
suprra_girl
Beginner

heh that's a bit ruff carbonize lol
well at least you know it didn't have bugs

well i installed lazarus (fresh install) so i have no guestbook entries and i'm tryin to get those in there
but i won't go too indepth as i already have a thread posted about it http://www.carbonize.co.uk/Board/viewtopic.php?p=1892

i do like the settings it has in comparison to the agb and it's got the test bot already there lol
i managed to successfully screw that up too LOL

Thanks alot ppl for helping
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum