If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Lazarus being spammed  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Hello again!

Due to massive spam problems with the various Advanced Guestbook versions I finally updated my guestbook to Lazarus as people praised it so much here.

Well.

I have it 2 days in use and got 1 spam entry to the guestbook and approximately 15 spam comments attached to older entries. Carbonize, are you aware of these problems and do you think it is possible to fix Lazarus? Because though spam (at the moment) seems reduced, it isn't really the ultimate solution I can recommend. As most of the time I'm still busy with deleting comments now instead of entries.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
JTD
Graduate

Yes number one you can set it in the admin wo were you have to approve all the comments. Number 2 you can make it so they need a password to post a comment. Number 3 by any chance do you still have a copy of AVG still running on the same server. If so disable it. Delete ann the AVG files.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
amber222
Graduate

One guestbook I installed was being spammed continually. Since I started using the robot test question, it is now zero spam. I have looked at the logs for this site and see that all of the spam was coming from robots. They still show up in the logs but they can't post to the guestbook. This is a great guestbook and a much needed feature. Thanks, Carbonize.

Also, I think it is a good idea to exclude the guestbook in the robots.txt file. Another idea is to change the guestbook directory name to something unique.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum