If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade 2.3.4 --> 2.4.1  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Niels
Student

I'm using Advanced Guestbook 2.3.4.

How to upgrade to 2.4.1?
[MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Copy your database information from the 2.3.1 config.inc.php file to the 2.4.1 file. Upload everything. Run the update file found in the misc folder.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Niels
Student

But I changed some templates... What about that?
[MSN]
cmbower

I just up-graded mine and had to re-edit the files I had changed to customize the Guestbook. Not a big deal, it doesn't take long.
headcoat

I tried copying the config file and then copied it back but after running the update file I get "Please update config.inc.php first."

What does this mean?
Niels
Student

None of the templates were changed!

What changes are in this upgrade exactly, except for the code you have to type before you can add a post?
[MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

headcoat wrote:I tried copying the config file and then copied it back but after running the update file I get "Please update config.inc.php first."

What does this mean?

it means exactly what it says. You need to copy the database information from your old config.inc.php into the new one that comes with 2.4.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Capone

Hi all

I update my guestbook and change the dbase config in file config.inc.php, the book is ok, but, can't post, show me this error:

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1146 Table 'capone_libro.book_captcha' doesn't exist

Please can help me?

Regars

Capone
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Run the update file found in the misc folder.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
sluggoaafa

Carbonize wrote:
headcoat wrote:I tried copying the config file and then copied it back but after running the update file I get "Please update config.inc.php first."

What does this mean?

it means exactly what it says. You need to copy the database information from your old config.inc.php into the new one that comes with 2.4.

so when you do all the above, and then run the update, and it still requests you to update config.inc.php....then what?

I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this darn thing out, and no luck. I've even noticed that my images are gone. very frustrating. I am working inside of yahoo/geocities (I know you dislike them Carbonize) but I had 2.3.x running very well...now trying to run the update in misc....it's saying I need to update the file.

grrrrrrrrrr

Of course, I've tried to load Lazarus file, but have an even tougher time doing that, so sticking with AG for now....

Gordon 'Sluggo' Valentine
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
amber222
Graduate

sluggoaafa wrote:
so when you do all the above, and then run the update, and it still requests you to update config.inc.php....then what?

I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this darn thing out, and no luck. I've even noticed that my images are gone. very frustrating. I am working inside of yahoo/geocities (I know you dislike them Carbonize) but I had 2.3.x running very well...now trying to run the update in misc....it's saying I need to update the file.

Re-check it and make sure you filled in all the information correctly in the new admin/config.inc.php file on you server:

lines #4 thru #7:

and

line #63:

and

line#66:

If it was working before, you should just need to copy the info from each line in the old config.inc.php file and paste into the new one.
sluggoaafa

It was working great before. I follows all the directions, and did all the updates to the admin/config.inc.php as described in all the various threads.

then uploaded the files, and tried to do the updater from the site, and nothing...asks to updated the admin/config/inc.php. (which was already updated)

Have done all the changes described above...and nothing.

The GB was working great before, I had both the image verification and the human verification and now all I have is the 'view' option of my GB. I get
MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET session_id='99871e6e35d018679c035c891469c00c', validate_key=
Date : Sun, April 2, 2006 16:18:52
IP : 75.3.62.78
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer : http://slu2ggo.org/
PHP Version : 4.3.11
Server : Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
Server Name : slu2ggo.org

All I did was follow the directions as outlined in the readme text....nothing else should have been changed.

lost and confused

Webmaster
Site Admin
[Avatar]

You didn't update your config.inc.php.

Make sure your config.inc.php contains the following code:

Then run the update script http://slu2ggo.org/Sluggo/misc/update_db.php
[Email] [WWW]
sluggoaafa

alright, now getting another error...more likely password...I have to run and be gone the next few days.....

interesting how the captcha didn't transfer from 2.3 - 2.4. Thanks for the help, will try this again in a few days.

kirmy

Carbonize wrote:Copy your database information from the 2.3.1 config.inc.php file to the 2.4.1 file. Upload everything. Run the update file found in the misc folder.

I have recently upgraded to 2.4.1. I am having the same problems as others. When you say "Run the update file found in the misc folder." What do you mean by "run"?

Thanx

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum