If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Different Titles  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
medusahead
Beginner

Hello, This is my first post here, nice to meet you.

I just have one small problem I can't seem to figure out with AP.
I would like to have multiple (many) polls on a page, but each one needs it's own title.

If I change the title in the general settings, it changes it for all the polls on the page. Also, I can't hard-code it into the template for the same reason.

Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this? It would appear that Demo One is an example of it, but no instructs how it got there.

Thanks
medusahead
Beginner

I worked around it by removing the $pollvars [title] from the template and just used a table on the actual html page & made the different titles manually.
amber222
Graduate

Also see the second poll in Demo 1. It uses the simple template, which shows the poll question as the title.
s_johncock

Please forgive my ignorance - I'm a novice to PHP and Advanced Poll. Getting a title linked to the polls is important for the site I'm working on, but the second poll on Demo 1 just isn't as appealing as the first.

Is there a way to synchronize the "config_id" and the "poll_id" through class_poll.php so that when poll 1, 2, or 3 is shown, the settings for config 1, 2, or 3 are also shown?

Thank you in advance...

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum